ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application - 5 year address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anona1221
Newly Registered
Philippines

British Citizenship application - 5 year address

Post by Anona1221 » Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:24 pm

Hi, I’m currently applying for British citizenship (naturalisation) and they are asking me for my 5 year address history. I’ve been all over for the last 5 years but i mostly stayed in uni accommodation. So do i also include my uni accommodation as a previous address?

2014-2020: me and my family lived in Battersea
Feb 2020: we moved to fullham
October 2020: i moved to on campus student accommodation while my family stayed in fullham
June 2021: i moved back in for the summer in fullham
October 2021: i moved back to Lancaster for uni but this time stayed outside of campus
June 2022: moved back with my family for the summer but this time they have moved to surrey and bought a house
August 2022: lived with my bf for a year or so in tooting london
September 2023: back in on campus accommodation in Lancaster but my bf stayed in tooting till end of January 2024 (so i think both of our names are in the tenancy agreement for the flat till the end of January)
July 2024: moved back in with my family in surrey

Please help as i’m so confused on what to put in this section

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: British Citizenship application - 5 year address

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:07 pm

This happens all the time. Put your university address(es) on the application and in a cover letter say you would go to stay with your parents off term, and supply those dates and addresses too.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Anona1221
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Anona1221 » Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:32 pm

Hi, I’m currently applying for British citizenship (naturalisation) and they are asking me for my 5 year address history. I’ve been all over for the last 5 years but i mostly stayed in uni accommodation. So do i also include my uni accommodation as a previous address?

*Disclaimer* - dates and locations are inaccurate and are for explaining purposes only. Uni accommodation is indeed with UCLan/cumbria

Total time in UK: 9-10 years
2014-2020: me and my family lived in Battersea
Feb 2020: we moved to fullham
October 2020: i moved to on campus student accommodation while my family stayed in fullham
June 2021: i moved back in for the summer in fullham
October 2021: i moved back to Lancaster for uni but this time stayed outside of campus
June 2022: moved back with my family for the summer but this time they have moved to surrey and bought a house
August 2022: lived with my bf for a year or so in tooting london
September 2023: back in on campus accommodation in Lancaster but my bf stayed in tooting till end of January 2024 (so i think both of our names are in the tenancy agreement for the flat till the end of January)
July 2024: moved back in with my family in surrey

Please help as i’m so confused on what to put in this section.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:34 pm

Did you read my previous reply?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.