ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes to immigration law for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tiger77
United Kingdom

Changes to immigration law for BC

Post by Tiger77 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:09 pm

Hello

I have been looking at social media and see different people talking about tougher immigration laws for obtaining British citizenship will come into affect from August but couldn’t find anything official. Can someone confirm and maybe quote any official sites to read through please

secret.simon

Re: Changes to immigration law for BC

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:05 am

Citizenship and its applications (naturalisation and registration) are not a part of the immigration pathway, which ends at ILR. They have completely separate laws, rules and regulations and they rarely change, compared to immigration rules, which can be changed frequently.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.