ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling out Form ARD for decendancy citizenship claim

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

4merMcLeod
Newly Registered
United States of America

Filling out Form ARD for decendancy citizenship claim

Post by 4merMcLeod » Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:13 pm

Hello,

I posted my situation on another forum and it sounds like I have a good case to apply for citizenship via ARD, so now I'm ready to try the next steps. My situation in short...

I was born in the US in 1968 and live in the United States. My mother was born in 1941 in the US and lives in the United States. She never tried to obtain British citizenship. My mother’s father (my grandfather) was born in Scotland in 1917 and came to the US as a child at 9 years-old. At some point he was naturalized, but I’m unsure of the year at present (still obtaining documentation) but it appears it was before he turned 21. He came to the US with his mother, but not with his father if that matters.

I've looked over the ARD and I can fill out most of it on my own, however, I'm not sure which documents I would need to include. It requests my passport, my birth certificate and my mother's birth certificate. I'm guessing my grandfather's Scottish birth certificate would be necessary. I have other random documentation, but mostly photocopies.

At any rate, does anyone know of a reputable service that provides help putting together such a claim, as well as help filling out the ARD? I see references here and there to XXXX who seem to be in S Africa. I also Googled and randomly came across XXXXXXX who mention the process on their site. Does anyone have any experience with an immigration service that them in realm of what I'm trying to do?

Thank you.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Filling out Form ARD for decendancy citizenship claim

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:19 pm

No names of solicitors are allowed to be mentioned or advised on this forum. I imagine you will need marriage certificates for your mother and father and for grandfather and grandmother as well as the birth certificates you mention.. When you refer to your grandfather being naturalised I imagine you mean naturalised British - have you contacted the National Archives? They may have records for your family.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Filling out Form ARD for decendancy citizenship claim

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:22 pm

Pleasese do not post names of solicitors etc on the forum. Members are also not permitted to post details etc of immigration advisors or solicitors on the forum.

Members who can offer advice will do so, specifically @secret.simon

Also note that for any citizenship type application based on familial lines, you will be required to submit originals, not photocopies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.