ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa Application - Incorrect Name Fields

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

midhun3197
India

Skilled Worker Visa Application - Incorrect Name Fields

Post by midhun3197 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:45 pm

Hello,

I recently applied for a skilled worker visa. In the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS), my given name from my passport was entered in the family name field. Since I do not have a surname in my passport, my full name appears in the given name field. While applying, I was not asked to manually enter my name because it was scanned from my BRP using the ID check app. This automatically populated my full name in the family name field when I paid for the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). To avoid duplication, I left the given name field with a “-“. Is this a concern?

For my dependent visa application, I split my wife’s full name from the given name field in her passport into the given name and surname fields as it should be. As long as the names in full match the names in the passport, will this be acceptable to the Home Office? Should I attach a cover letter and upload it online now, even though the option seems to be intended for when the Home Office requests additional documentation?

Thank you.