ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

grace period after refusal in tier 1 (general) extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confused-guy
Newly Registered

grace period after refusal in tier 1 (general) extension

Post by confused-guy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:48 am

Hi everyone,

I want to know if in future i apply for an extension under Tier 1 (General) and i will get refused. I know i am thinking bit negative but I want to prepare myself for worst possible scinario.

So what in future if I apply for an extension under Tier 1 (General) and i will get refused. Also what if my current HSMP visa expires because of time taken during processing my tier 1 application.

Can I still have 28 days grace period (after current visa expires and next visa get refusal )before I can make fresh application or not with new additional documents??

Anyone who stuck in this situation n wt they have done to resolve this issue.

All suggestions welcom

munisa

Post by munisa » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:12 pm

Any in-country application for PBS TIERs must have valid leave to remain on application date! Make sure you have at least a day when applying. If it gets refused when your visa has already expired, any further applications will have to be done out-of-the country. Very risky to wait till your current visa expires. Best bet is to apply 3 months b4 expiry of existing leave.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

jd007
Newly Registered

Post by jd007 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:04 am

munisa wrote:Any in-country application for PBS TIERs must have valid leave to remain on application date! Make sure you have at least a day when applying. If it gets refused when your visa has already expired, any further applications will have to be done out-of-the country. Very risky to wait till your current visa expires. Best bet is to apply 3 months b4 expiry of existing leave.
Can we apply 3 months in advance of expiry date. I thought its only 4-6 weeks you can apply for extension.

My HSMP extension is due in August. How early I can apply for extension.

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:31 am

jd007 wrote:
munisa wrote:Any in-country application for PBS TIERs must have valid leave to remain on application date! Make sure you have at least a day when applying. If it gets refused when your visa has already expired, any further applications will have to be done out-of-the country. Very risky to wait till your current visa expires. Best bet is to apply 3 months b4 expiry of existing leave.
Can we apply 3 months in advance of expiry date. I thought its only 4-6 weeks you can apply for extension.

My HSMP extension is due in August. How early I can apply for extension.
For TIER 1 you can apply any time so long as you have valied leave to remain. So long as you have enough points, you can apply for TIER 1 even when you have 5 years remaing on your WP visa!
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!