ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate visa requirement query

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Graduate visa requirement query

Post by sk8rprick » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:57 pm

Hi
A friend of mine is looking to come to the uk to study an undergraduate course. As he has already completed some studies abroad, he is being granted direct entry into the final (3rd) year of the undergraduate degree. He is trying to find out if he would be eligble for the graduate visa (old psw) after the completion of his course. The final (3rd) year runs from september till may and he is unsure if he will meet the 12 month study requirement. The course meets all the other requirements. Would anyone be able to clarify?

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Graduate visa requirement query

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:05 am

sk8rprick wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:57 pm
Would anyone be able to clarify?
His university can clarify. It depends how they define the length of the course, and hence whether they consider he meets the "Study in the UK" requirement at paragraph GR 6.1 of Appendix Graduate.

It is fine under GR 6.1 for a course to be 12 months or less if the Student was in the UK studying it the whole time.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Post by sk8rprick » Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:23 pm

Hi
Thanks for your response. The uni has confirmed that the start and end dates stated on the CAS are Sep 2024 to May 2024. Is that what counts as course length? I am concious they might not understand the question if he asks what the course length is for graduate visa purposes.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:18 am

sk8rprick wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:23 pm
I am concious they might not understand the question if he asks what the course length is for graduate visa purposes.
They assess the Graduate visa eligibility of all their degree students, thousands of them. They will understand the question.

With respect, this is for your friend to ascertain with his university, not for you to crowdsource on his behalf.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.