ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to bring child born to ILR parents outside the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lonvishz
Newly Registered
India

How to bring child born to ILR parents outside the UK

Post by lonvishz » Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:44 pm

Hi All, I am looking for advise on how to bring my child who will be born in oct 2024 to UK, Both me and my wife have ILR in UK. I will be travelling to India for 98 days where my child will be born. (I cannot bring my wife to UK to give birth in UK due to family & medical circumstances). So I will loose the ability to apply for citizenship because i will be outside the UK for more than 90 days in this year. I have already been outside UK for 20 days outside the UK this year. We both got ILR in August 2023. Looking for advice on what is the best route to bring the new born baby to UK, what would be the visa fees and IHS charges if applicable.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How to bring child born to ILR parents outside the UK

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:26 pm

You can apply for Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) directly from India and the child can return with ILR status.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lonvishz
Newly Registered
India

Post by lonvishz » Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:12 pm

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:46 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.