ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Citizenship requirements

Post by waleed205 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:00 pm

Hello all,
I am on spouse visa, planning to apply for ILR in November/December. I will need some advises please:

1- I read that as a spouse, I don't need to wait for year to apply for citizenship I can apply right away. I am planning to apply the following day I get my ILR. IS this OK?

2- When selecting the council for ceremony, I would like to do it in Cardiff (I live in Liverpool). In the application it seems possible, but do I need to justify? Will it raise a flag?
The reason is that we are school buddies and extended family all applying at the same time, so we are planning to schedule all in one day for celebration.

3- Residency documents: I saw a blogger on YouTube saying I need 10 documents that can't be bank statements, but she used bank letters instead of statements. Is this possible? I have letters from the council (not invoice) telling me my account is in arrears and late payments etc. Also sometime the council informs me that they are installing CCTV etc. So they are not statements or invoices, just letters. Are these acceptable? I can't get 10 letters. I also have DVLA sending my license, also DVLA refund etc. I am worried about this point.

I heard that this is only required if I don't submit my passport. I have a new passport with some EU stamps but no UK stamps as I use automatic gate. I usually use e-gates whenever possible for speed checkout, I forgot about the stamping thing.

Any help on this please??!! Best Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship requirements

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:16 pm

1. Fine yes provided you meet the requirements.

2. You can choose any council you wish. Don't assume you and your buddies will all get approval at the same time. It doesn't work like that most of the time, even for families who apply at the same time.

3. You only need the stamped pages of your passport for residency. Nothing else.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:24 pm

If your passport doesn't get stamped you can use P60s, letters from employers, or government letters. If you don't have any of that you can request a SAR with UKVI, free of charge.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:13 am

Thanks for the replies..

My passport is usually not stamped in the UK as I use the e-gate, but it is stamped in the countires I go to.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:52 am

If you got stamps on your passport every time you travel that should be fine (but you need to provide passports covering the last 3 years. If some trips are missing you can supply documents as I stated above.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.