ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintainance rule

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jazbaati99

Maintainance rule

Post by jazbaati99 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Dear all

I understand that you need to maintain £2800 pounds for three months in your account in order to apply a PSW visa from outside UK. My question is, is there any discretion in this rule? i.e. if balance is not maintained for the whole three months and all other conditions are met.

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards

marakby
Newly Registered

Re: Maintainance rule

Post by marakby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:20 pm

jazbaati99 wrote:Dear all

I understand that you need to maintain £2800 pounds for three months in your account in order to apply a PSW visa from outside UK. My question is, is there any discretion in this rule? i.e. if balance is not maintained for the whole three months and all other conditions are met.

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards
Unfortunately not. The new PBS leaves no room for discretion.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:00 pm

Many thanks for the quick response.

Regards

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:11 pm

Hmm I see that your location says that you are in the UK? If this is the case, then for an in-country application the required maintainence fund is only £800 for the 3 motnh period. Hopefully this might be some good news? :D

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi Vanadil

Thanks for your help. It was for a friend outside of UK but thanks for the pointer.

Regards