ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu wife work as cabin crew in France but live in the uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joelondon
Member of Standing

Eu wife work as cabin crew in France but live in the uk

Post by joelondon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:56 pm

here is my question ...is the EU wife working as a cabin crew in france but lives in the uk ...does this mean she is exsercing her treaty right in the uk or no ...?

more details :

wife working as a cabin crew based in france ...but after every last flight she take the last one to come back to the uk ...but she get payed in france on her french bank account ...but she lives in the uk ...after all she is not working for the uk but she lives with her husband in the uk ...is this mean that she is excercing the treaty right or no ...my best friend is asking and it will be nice to give him some answers ...many thanks

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:43 pm

good morning all

any help please ...as the friend's wife is still waiting for an answer ...can she go for this job ...and keep living in the UK ...thanks

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Eu wife work as cabin crew in France but live in the uk

Post by sakura » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:51 pm

joelondon wrote:here is my question ...is the EU wife working as a cabin crew in france but lives in the uk ...does this mean she is exsercing her treaty right in the uk or no ...?

more details :

wife working as a cabin crew based in france ...but after every last flight she take the last one to come back to the uk ...but she get payed in france on her french bank account ...but she lives in the uk ...after all she is not working for the uk but she lives with her husband in the uk ...is this mean that she is excercing the treaty right or no ...my best friend is asking and it will be nice to give him some answers ...many thanks
She is exercising her treaty rights as a self-sufficient person.

Maybe someone can advise you on whether she would need comprehensive sickness insurance (there was a discussion about whether it needed to be private or whether the NHS could be used), and if she needs to pay taxes here.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:53 pm

sakura wrote:
joelondon wrote:here is my question ...is the EU wife working as a cabin crew in france but lives in the uk ...does this mean she is exsercing her treaty right in the uk or no ...?

more details :

Maybe someone can advise you on whether she would need comprehensive sickness insurance (there was a discussion about whether it needed to be private or whether the NHS could be used), and if she needs to pay taxes here.
but she is paying tax in France as well ..so double tax ? so she will be on self sufficient ...

and one more question ...now my friend is applying for his PR ...if for exsample they ask him for more pay slipt of his wife ...can he shows his french wife payslipt or no ? or how she need to show that she is on self sufficient ? what they gona ask her for ...many thanks for replying

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:16 am

joelondon wrote:
sakura wrote:

more details :

but she is paying tax in France as well ..so double tax ? so she will be on self sufficient ...

and one more question ...now my friend is applying for his PR ...if for exsample they ask him for more pay slipt of his wife ...can he shows his french wife payslipt or no ? or how she need to show that she is on self sufficient ? what they gona ask her for ...many thanks for replying
How long has she been working at this job? What was she doing beforehand?

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:29 am

sakura wrote:
joelondon wrote:
sakura wrote:

more details :

How long has she been working at this job? What was she doing beforehand?

she was working in the uk ...full time job !!!! and now she is still living in the uk but she work as a cabin crew based in france ..but she always come to uk after end of the 3 days shift ...so she is on self suficient as she get paid on her french bank account ...but she is spending her money in the uk ...she worked 5 years in the uk before hand ...

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:31 am

and she is woking at this job since a year now

porkpie
Newly Registered

Post by porkpie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:36 am

joelondon wrote:and she is woking at this job since a year now
If she's french and living in england, and then coming home from work, she might qualify as a cross-border worker, which also means she's probably using her treaty rights.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:42 am

porkpie wrote:
joelondon wrote:and she is woking at this job since a year now
If she's french and living in england, and then coming home from work, she might qualify as a cross-border worker, which also means she's probably using her treaty rights.

what does cross border mean ? as on her payslipt it doesnt mention the address ...it say Address : plane (avion )...so the question is ,her husband applied for the PR when she was excercing her treaty right in the uk for 5 years ...as the process of the application is taking long ...now if they ask him for more evidence of work or pay slipt ..can he send thos payslpit french one ...or he need to say that she is self sufficient ? thanks

porkpie
Newly Registered

Post by porkpie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:45 am

this is what our good friend google is for :)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cross+ ... =firefox-a :wink:

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:51 am

porkpie wrote:this is what our good friend google is for :)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cross+ ... =firefox-a :wink:

thanks for the link but still doesnt answer the question about the home office tho...does she need to have th health insurance even if she has one in france ..and can she show her payslipt to the home office if they require more evidence in this case ...thanks

porkpie
Newly Registered

Post by porkpie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:55 am

those links (the first one http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/ta ... dex_en.htm) has details about tax and social benefits

you'd need to read the rules on cross border workers to be sure

or do what I did and email Eures the cross border association people

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:17 am

porkpie wrote:those links (the first one http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/ta ... dex_en.htm) has details about tax and social benefits

you'd need to read the rules on cross border workers to be sure

or do what I did and email Eures the cross border association people

thanks for the links above ..but to be honest with you is still doesnt answer my question about the home office ....i want to know ...if they ask my mate to show them more evidence about his wife ,...what else can he give them ...would they accept the idea that she is a cross border worker ,she is a cabin crew ...so u know what job m talking about ...her life is on a plane mate ...and she is french but she reside in the uk as she is married to an non-eea who is him self resident in the UK ....he applied for his Permanent resident ..and still waiting to be process ..as they are taking long now ...if they ask him for more evidence thats the only problem as she got this job about 1 year ago and when he applied its been like 7 month ago ..thanks and hope i was more clear on this :) :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

porkpie
Newly Registered

Post by porkpie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:08 pm

;)

Yeah, but, no, but, yeah, but :)

Well, i'd more worry more when they write back to your mate to ask for more evidence. But, be aware of the details re: cross border workers. Because if they do decide to refuse then you have enough evidence to put together a decent argument. Then again, you don't know what they're going to say

Like one of the guys said above technically speaking his partner is self-sufficent in the uk, or you could also argue that she was exercising a treaty right.

I guess what i'm really saying is: wait and see if they ask for more evidence.....

:)

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:11 pm

I guess what i'm really saying is: wait and see if they ask for more evidence.....

:)[/quote]

[/b] thanks for the comment mate ...well yeah he is still waiting and finger

cross that they dont ask him for more evidence ...hope no.. have a nice day

..cheers [/b]