ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa can by property in U.K.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sps_rawat
Newly Registered
India

Dependent visa can by property in U.K.

Post by sps_rawat » Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:14 pm

Hi,
My son is on a dependent visa on my Skilled worker visa. We would like to buy a house in UK on his name to him qualify for first time buyer. He is working and both of us will be paying mortgage. I will pay 80%. We all be living in the same house. (He will not start independent life). I wanted to know if he buys property, Does this impact his eligibility to apply for ILR (indefinite leave to remain)? We are under assumption that - given he will be the legal property owner, this would mean that he is no longer leading a dependent life. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Satyapal

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Re: Dependent visa can by property in U.K.

Post by Hampshire » Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:07 am

Skilled worker visa has restrictions only on gainlyful employment and public funds. You can buy shares, property, plan holiday. Good luck with your buy :-)

sps_rawat
Newly Registered
India

Re: Dependent visa can by property in U.K.

Post by sps_rawat » Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:01 am

Thank you for the quick response. I know the restrictions are not for main visa holders but are they the same for dependent ? If Dependent buying property in their own name, wouldn’t they be treated as independent?

Thank you