ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new student rules (maintenance fund )

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farryali
Newly Registered

new student rules (maintenance fund )

Post by farryali » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:59 pm

the question is dat we are already studing in uk and our visa extension is in sep 2009 . just wanted to know wether we have to show here £9600 in my UK account or i can show in my sponsors account in pakistan . plz post . will all student be able to maintain such funds in UK account . . i m worried coz we hv to show that we already paid full fee as well ....... help needed .

syed yawar hayat shah
Newly Registered

Post by syed yawar hayat shah » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:32 am

well as far i know you dont need to show any amount in your account in uk if you have been sponserd by your relatives.because at the time of applying for a visa you might have showed your sponser's bank statemnet and other formalities not yours.same would be applicable at the time of extension of your visa and you might be required to show updated documents of your sponser. and offcourse that your still studying for the course you have applied for with full fess would have been paid.this is what i think and that is logical.dont know about other's views

touchingskies
Newly Registered

Finances needed to extend your stay as a general student

Post by touchingskies » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi,

kindly guide us through the ambiguity about the new finances rules of Student Tier 4.

At Home Office website it is stated that:
The finances you need to pass the points-based assessment are:
More than 12 months London-based First year of fees + £9,600 to cover the first year in the United Kingdom

Does it mean that to acquire a student extension for more than one year i have to show First year of fees and 9600 pounds in my bank statement? If it is so dont you think it is bit unfair as most of the students cover the general expenses here by working 20 hours while for fee they get the money from their home country per semester.

Proust
Newly Registered

Post by Proust » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:05 pm

If you want to come to the UK as a student, you MUST be able to show that you can maintain yourself without relying on any employment taken while you are a student. So, officially you are not supposed to work to survive here, which is what you seem to be suggesting. If you can afford to study here, go for it, if not, try somewhere else, that's what these new rules mean.