ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing Indian Passport for Right of Abode holder

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kopper99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Renewing Indian Passport for Right of Abode holder

Post by Kopper99 » Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:58 pm

Hi
I am in the process of renewing my mother's Indian Passport who is settled in the UK and holds a Right of Abode sticker in her passport.
As her main residential address is in the UK, I enter her UK address on "Passport Printable Address" page, but for the "Other Address" section, which must be an Indian address, 'India' is not listed in the drop down section of that box. Therefore I cannot progress to the next page without entering an Indian address as it gives me an error of "Please provide at least one Indian address for police verification."

Has anyone come across this issue before?
Her current and all previous Indian passports have her UK address printed on them so not sure why the page does not allow us to progress without entering an Indian address. We have her brother's Indian address to enter but without the drop down for India, we are unable to enter.

I have emailed passport.london@mea.gov.in but all they are saying is refresh the page which clearly does not work.

Thanks

Kopper99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Renewing Indian Passport for Right of Abode holder

Post by Kopper99 » Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:37 pm

They have now corrected the fault on their page and I was able to progress with the application

vinny

Re: Renewing Indian Passport for Right of Abode holder

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:38 am

Thanks for your update.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.