ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correct ILR form advise please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

verbina
United Kingdom

ILR (LR)

Post by verbina » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:59 pm

Evening all! I've almost completed my 10 year long legal residence (although my actual residence is closer to 25 years 😔).
I'm going to apply for ILR based on long residence, although my latest leave to remain was granted as a wife of British citizen (my previous 3 grants were for a parent of British child).
My question is: Do I have to submit any supporting documents for cohabitation and subsisting marriage since my previous visa grant? Or would the minimum list of documents ie passports, English test, LIUK test (as been advised on this forum) will suffice?
I'm hoping to complete the application myself without engaging a solicitor, so I just want to make sure I'm fully prepared and know what to expect.
Thank you very much in advance!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (LR)

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:12 pm

Do I have to submit any supporting documents for cohabitation and subsisting marriage since my previous visa grant?
No.
Or would the minimum list of documents ie passports, English test, LIUK test (as been advised on this forum) will suffice?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

verbina
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (LR)

Post by verbina » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:12 pm
Do I have to submit any supporting documents for cohabitation and subsisting marriage since my previous visa grant?
No.
Or would the minimum list of documents ie passports, English test, LIUK test (as been advised on this forum) will suffice?
Yes.
Thank you! 🙏

verbina
United Kingdom

Correct ILR form advise please

Post by verbina » Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:43 pm

Evening all,

I've now completed my 10 years of legal stay in the UK and will be applying for ILR in November.

However I'm confused with which form I have to use.

My first three grants were as a Parent of British child. But then the final extension was as a wife, because my British child is now a 24 year old adult.

I was under the impression I can use Set (LR) 10 year long residence route, but on the government website it says explicitly not to use that application if you are a spouse or parent of a settled or British person.

Please could someone advise me what to do? Thank you so much! 🙏

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Correct ILR form advise please

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:52 pm

Please stick to this thread for all your application queries.
You can apply under the long residence without any issues. You seem to have incorrectly interpreted the note on the form SET(LR). That note simply says to avoid using form SET(LR) if you intend to apply for ILR under the FAMILY ROUTE rules (i.e. the 10-year FAMILY route) as you should use a different form.

However, it is NOT talking about your current visa or telling you that you cannot use SET(LR) if you happen to be under the family route. Under the long residence, your current visa route is irrelevant !!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:58 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:52 pm
Please stick to this thread for all your application queries.
You can apply under the long residence without any issues. You seem to have incorrectly interpreted the note on the form SET(LR). That note simply says to avoid using form SET(LR) if you intend to apply for ILR under the FAMILY ROUTE rules (i.e. the 10-year FAMILY route) as you should use a different form.

However, it is NOT talking about your current visa or telling you that you cannot use SET(LR) if you happen to be under the family route. Under the long residence, your current visa route is irrelevant !!
So sorry! I first used the search option hoping to see relevant posts, but then I got a bit carried away and made my own post. So sorry! Thank you so much!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:59 pm

No worries :wink:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice