ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Details of the conditions for exemption from the 180-day limit

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Katrine70
Newly Registered
China

Details of the conditions for exemption from the 180-day limit

Post by Katrine70 » Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:15 am

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask experienced friends to answer my questions about the following official paragraph.

If you have a Global Talent visa, time you’ve spent outside the UK doing work related to your job may not count towards this 180-day limit. This rule applies if you were endorsed by the Royal Society, Royal Academy of Engineering, British Academy or UK Research and Innovation. It also applies if you did not need an endorsement for your visa because you had won an eligible award in the fields of science, engineering, humanities or medicine.

(1)I have a Global Talent visa endorsed by the Royal Academy of Engineering and I am working outside the UK in the same profession as the endorsement, does my employer need to be UK-based in order to be exempt from the time limit?

(2)Is there any official explanation with more details about this passage?For example, details of conditions for exemption from time limits, supporting materials, etc.

Looking forward to answers from friends who know the situation. Thank you very much.