ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Postal ILR - Timelines

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ViperWiper

Tier 1 - Postal ILR - Timelines

Post by ViperWiper » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to gauge how long its taking for HO to do postal ILRs for Tier1 - unfortunately thats the only option we have...

To get the ball rolling here are my time lines

- Application sent on 19th Dec 2008

- Credit card charge on 24th Dec 2008

- Reference letter received on 29th Dec 2008

No news after that. Mine is a very straight forward case more than 5 years in the UK on WP + HSMP + Tier 1, I have sent the most comprehensive and well organsied documentation for the case worker.

Would be great if others in Tier1 can post their timelines, we can get some sense of processing speed from that.

Thanks,

VW

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:10 pm

A bit surprised, that we do not have any one on tier1 who has applied for ILR recently using the postal application.

Thanks,

VW

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:47 am

I applied via post even though I could I apply in person as I was a work permit holder... i got my passport back after 16 weeks, ILR was approved before 14 weeks but passport was only sent 2 week later due to IT problem... I did made a complaint at end of 14 weeks when no information was given to complaints department and also asked my local MP to chase this up....

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:16 am

Thanks for the update Manoj.
Surely the amount (£750) they charge for postal is not significantly less than what they charge for in-person application, so wonder why this step motherly treatment.

Also, in their waiting times section, the data has not been updated for quite sometime now. The problem I have is that I live in a rented property and I need to change address (Landlord selling property ......) at end of March - that will be just about 14 weeks since I posted the application. If I can't get my passports back by then, I will need to get in touch with HO to send them to the new address ( which I don't know as of now). I am a bit nervous about HO getting the change in address right, and as all my original documentation and passport are in the application; I will be in a jam if they get lost.

I guess I can't even complain as the 14 weeks are not up....

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Keep finger cross.... just update them when you have new address and also just to be on safe side when you move to new house, take Royal mails post re-direct service. Doesnt cost much but all your mails will be delivered to your new address.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Manoj,

I always do the redirection for 1 year everytime I move. The problem is special delivery envelopes cannot be redirected, at least thats what the Royal Mail website says...

I just hope that they somehow speed up their processing and turn it around before I move.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm

You can always send completed change of circumstance form by special delivery to HO and it will be processed and attached to your application.
Give a couple of days and call them to check to see if they updated their records. Make sure you keep the receipt and tracking number in safe place.
HO uses Tracking number while updating their records. Quoting reference tracking number and ILR acknowledgement would make it lot easier.

If you have enclosed special delivery envelope to send your doucments back
then it could pose a problem if you have writtern you address on it.
you need speak to HO about this, see what you need to do in this case.

to be on the defensive, if you have tracking number for this, you can check it daily on Royal website to make sure you know if your docs in transit in royal mail system.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:01 am

Thanks Tech.

I will do that - I will send in the change in request form 2 days before I move and also ring them in advance.

I have given them a special delivery enevlope with my current address on it and I can track it online. I plan to ring them a week before I move to check to see if its already in transit.

The only issue I might face is that HO customer support may not give me the most up-to date status on my application when I ring them.

I guess, there are somethings you cannot help - what will be, will be...

aaanjoo

Re: Tier 1 - Postal ILR - Timelines

Post by aaanjoo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:17 am

Hello ViperWiper,
Did you get your ilr yet?

I will be applying for ilr this weekend. I am WP+WP+HSMP+Tier1

Did you send all your payslips and bank statements for your Tier1 tenure?
ViperWiper wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to gauge how long its taking for HO to do postal ILRs for Tier1 - unfortunately thats the only option we have...

To get the ball rolling here are my time lines

- Application sent on 19th Dec 2008

- Credit card charge on 24th Dec 2008

- Reference letter received on 29th Dec 2008

No news after that. Mine is a very straight forward case more than 5 years in the UK on WP + HSMP + Tier 1, I have sent the most comprehensive and well organsied documentation for the case worker.

Would be great if others in Tier1 can post their timelines, we can get some sense of processing speed from that.

Thanks,

VW

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:28 am

Hi Aanjoo,

No I have not got my ILR as yet. I have sent them paylsips for last 3 years, periods covering HSMP and Tier1. Also, I have sent them p60 for last 5 years and also bank statements for last 5 years.

I am just past the half-way waiting period of 14 weeks, so 7 more weeks to go, before I can start chasing them, doing complaints, contacting my MP etc.

I would suggest that you should apply as soon as possible, although the docs say you can't apply before 28 days to 5 years, I guess the applications get piled up in a queue and its only 8-9 weeks before a caseworker picks it up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

VW

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Thanks VW.
Is there anyone on the board who got this postal Ilr SET(O) application processed in less than 14 weeks?
ViperWiper wrote:Hi Aanjoo,

I would suggest that you should apply as soon as possible, although the docs say you can't apply before 28 days to 5 years, I guess the applications get piled up in a queue and its only 8-9 weeks before a caseworker picks it up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

VW

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:17 pm

In the recent cpl of months, since mid december posts - I have not come across anyone who got it in less than 14 weeks. There was a post from ckmanoj - I think his application took about 16 weeks, and he had to send a complaint and also get his MP involved.

sreed_iyer
Newly Registered

No postal application

Post by sreed_iyer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:02 pm

I think even if personal appt is 200 pounds more it appears that is is worth it since ....if a passport is locked for more than 4 weeks it is not good.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Sreed_iyer I could not agree more, the only problem is tier1 applicants cannot use the same day service

sreed_iyer
Newly Registered

help

Post by sreed_iyer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 pm

I would completing 5 years in august (out of whihc i have spend about 45 days out of uk)

which means i can apply in in july

but
MY wife will be completing 5 years in september but she has about 7.5 months outside uk (3 + 3 + 1.5).

so I will apply in august but .....would 7.5 months outside be a problem

please advice

ViperWiper

Re: help

Post by ViperWiper » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:41 am

sreed_iyer wrote:I would completing 5 years in august (out of whihc i have spend about 45 days out of uk)

but
MY wife will be completing 5 years in september but she has about 7.5 months outside uk (3 + 3 + 1.5).

please advice
Sreed, I don't think it would be a problem - but please use another thread to discuss this, rather than hijacking the thread I started for tracking timelines for ILR postal applications.

sreed_iyer
Newly Registered

Ok

Post by sreed_iyer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:01 am

Sorry Mr viper... I just thought that my problems could be addressed here.
Please if anybody can advice...please advice.

bsbs

Re: help

Post by bsbs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:41 am

sreed_iyer wrote:I would completing 5 years in august (out of whihc i have spend about 45 days out of uk)

but

please advice
Your wife will be applying as dependant right? If you see the SET(O) form it only asks for main applicant's outside of uk history. In my opinion it shouldn't be a problem.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi,

An update on my case - I gave HO a call this morning to check up on how things were going - I know its not 14 weeks as yet, but still wanted to check.

It took me a good part of 40 mins to get through and after that the lady who fielded the call will not say anything - just kept saying ring back after 14 weeks.

Will update the group later when I complete 14 weeks.

Thanks,

VW

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:02 pm

There is unconfirmed new that Tier 1 to ILR applications can be at PEO starting from Apr 6. Does any one managed to talk to HO ? Postal applcations are delayed and people can't seem any updates.

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:59 pm

tech wrote:There is unconfirmed new that Tier 1 to ILR applications can be at PEO starting from Apr 6. Does any one managed to talk to HO ? Postal applcations are delayed and people can't seem any updates.
Our corporate VISA agent told me in December that HO told them the same thing. But I din't wait as that was some verbal communications.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:44 pm

I was told by an agent they can make same day service for Tier 1 to ILR which costs addtional £700 to 1000 quid .Question is about whether someone can make an application on their own rather than through agent. So far this is not confirmed

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:44 pm

tech wrote:I was told by an agent they can make same day service for Tier 1 to ILR which costs addtional £700 to 1000 quid .Question is about whether someone can make an application on their own rather than through agent. So far this is not confirmed
Even agent can't apply for the same day service for ILR based on Tier1. Agent is giving you wrong information.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:37 pm

It is true that agent can apply for same day ILR for Tier 1 starting from April 6 for which they are booking appointments now. it is fairly reputed immigration consulting firm , there is no need for them say something which is not true.

the application form is not updated for applications to be made from april. I guess we have to wait for things to unfold.

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:50 pm

tech wrote:It is true that agent can apply for same day ILR for Tier 1 starting from April 6 for which they are booking appointments now. it is fairly reputed immigration consulting firm , there is no need for them say something which is not true.

the application form is not updated for applications to be made from april. I guess we have to wait for things to unfold.
I guessed they are applying now. Misunderstood. If they can apply for the same day service from 6th April we should be able to apply personally for the same day service. Rule can't be diffrent for them. If that's the case HO will soon update their website what they did aplready for Tier1 application.