ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

private life came to the uk between 18-24yrs old

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shalinee83
Newly Registered
Mauritius

private life came to the uk between 18-24yrs old

Post by Shalinee83 » Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:11 am

Hi everyone, my friend been in the uk legal and illegally. She was granted nrm. She already been granted the fee waiver and submitted my application. She also uploaded all the evidence required, done the biometric and uploaded checklist.
Got no criminal conviction.
Came to the uk between 18-24yrs old
Never left the uk.
Will my friend get my paperwork within 10 working days

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: private life came to the uk between 18-24yrs old

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:17 am

Shalinee83 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:11 am
Hi everyone, my friend been in the uk legal and illegally. She was granted nrm. She already been granted the fee waiver and submitted my application. She also uploaded all the evidence required, done the biometric and uploaded checklist.
Got no criminal conviction.
Came to the uk between 18-24yrs old
Never left the uk.
Will my friend get my paperwork within 10 working days
DO NOT tag your question on someone else's post !!!
We can't offer advice with such minimal information. Provide this person's full immigration history.

Under Appendix Private Life rules, a young adult (arrived when between 18-24 years old) must meet the 'half life' test in order to qualify for ILR.
PL 4.1. Where the applicant is aged 18 or over and aged under 25 at the date of application and arrived in the UK before the age of 18, the applicant must have spent at least half their life continuously resident in the UK.
PL 14.1. An applicant who has, or last had, permission to stay on the private life route as a child, or young adult who met the half-life test under PL 4.1, must have lived in the UK for a continuous qualifying period of 5 years with permission as set out in PL 14.3 or 14.4.
PL 14.2. An applicant who is aged 18 or over at the date of application and does not meet the requirement in PL 14.1 must have lived in the UK for a continuous qualifying period of 10 years with permission set out in PL 14.3. or 14.4.
Immigration rules, Appendix Private Life: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ivate-life
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Shalinee83
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Set(dv)

Post by Shalinee83 » Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:02 pm

Hi everyone,
I came to the uk 2004. I've recently applied for set(dv). I've send all the evidence required by the home office and done the biometric.
Because I was a victim of domestic violence I was awarded nrm conclusive ground.
I've send the proof I been in the uk 20yrs
Support letter from friends and salvation army
Police record
Medical report
Do you think I'll get a positive outcome
I'm currently staying in home office accommodation as well.