ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drjabberwocky23

HSBC Bank Statements

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:57 pm

I've already submitted my application for Tier 1, but have now started second guessing myself. As part of my evidence for maintenace funds and evidence of earnings I submitted my HSBC Bank Statements. The statements arrived on official bank stationary, in full colour, complete with all transactions and showing the payments in and out, but under the date and my name was a small word: "Duplicate." I didn't really consider this when I submitted my application and sent them through. For all intents and purposes the statements are the same as the original statements that would have been sent to me, other than the extra word, "Duplicate."

Is this going to be sufficient evidence for them to reject my application?
I have a letter from the bank as additional evidence of maintenance funds, but have nothing else for those statements as proof of earnings (other than my payslips, of course). Am starting to feel petrified now!

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: HSBC Bank Statements

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi,

As long as these are on official letter head with logo and printed officially, you should not have any problem. The word 'duplicate' does not matter if these are on official letter head.

drjabberwocky23 wrote:I've already submitted my application for Tier 1, but have now started second guessing myself. As part of my evidence for maintenace funds and evidence of earnings I submitted my HSBC Bank Statements. The statements arrived on official bank stationary, in full colour, complete with all transactions and showing the payments in and out, but under the date and my name was a small word: "Duplicate." I didn't really consider this when I submitted my application and sent them through. For all intents and purposes the statements are the same as the original statements that would have been sent to me, other than the extra word, "Duplicate."

I have a letter from the bank as additional evidence of maintenance funds, but have nothing else for those statements as proof of earnings (other than my payslips, of course). Am starting to feel petrified now!
Thinking low is crime....

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: HSBC Bank Statements

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:51 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:other than the extra word, "Duplicate."

I also have account with HSBC and also have same bold DUPLICATE stated statements from bank.. i spoke with one of the solicitors and they mentioned as long as you got them on the original statements it is OK so u shd not worry cheerup

pakuk
Newly Registered

Post by pakuk » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:37 pm

I don't think it should be any problem, this statment is perfectly alright.

I've also one question about maitenance funds, is it alright to send a letter from bank confirming my current balance and that my credit balance has always been at least £800 for the last 3 months. Tier1 guidlines states that home office will accept confirmation letter from bank. I am not sure, on this letter do I have to include my transations for the last three months as well? all replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:07 pm

Thanks, guys! That makes me feel a little bit more hopeful!

moneypenny

Post by moneypenny » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:18 pm

To make you feel better still... I used HSBC statements that said DUPLICATE on them and had no problems at all. Got my visa last week.

Pakuk- The letter from the bank doesn't need transactions on it. Just the info required in the guidance.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks moneypenny, That's good news indeed!