ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

important please help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jitesh.bhalla
Newly Registered

important please help

Post by jitesh.bhalla » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:02 pm

Hello Sir,
Just want capture an information in regards of a mail came about one week back from Mr. Richard Farish working as General Manager in Hotel Premier Inn, County Hall, London stating about Jobs vacant in his hotel for many Post, Enquired further I come to know that he is seeking just Full Name & Passport Number which will make him able to send me an invitation letter & British Immigration Form which help further in getting my work permitt & Visa.Sir My doubt is that so far no round of interview has been conducted & also no Profile details has been shared, without this important information if somebody from abroad is offering me a post in his hotel with all possible benefits made me think once as I am expecting a great doubt of something fishy & suspicious so through your cell I finally thought taking your advice on the same. Please suggest me wat to do as proposal seems to be good but as u know that all glitters are not gold.I hope to get serious & effective reply from your department.

Thanks
Regards
Shweta Bhalla

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Sounds fishy! Why would they offer someone they know nothing about a job? You would not be able to do any hotel job in the UK.

Why don't you contact them yourself:

0870 238 3300

let us know how you get on.

pjoshi007
Mood:
India

Its a SPAM

Post by pjoshi007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:16 pm

My uncle got exactly similar kind of email where they asked him to fill in a questionare and now they are asking him to join a hotel and have sent a really badly written appointment letter. They are asking him to pay £300 towards visa process.

Check 3 things:
1) where is the email coming from? Does it end with a proper hotel name's email address for eg: abc@marriott.com or or an email created like abc@ live.com or mail.com etc.
2) Is there a proper phone and fax number or someone's mobile no.?
3) Is there a complete address of the organization that's offering u the job.

I personally think its a spam to make money.

Regards
Poonam