ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK tourist visa for Indian parents from canada

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tarsheen
Newly Registered
India

UK tourist visa for Indian parents from canada

Post by tarsheen » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:06 pm

Hi

I want to invite my parents to London. They are currently in Canada on 5 years super visa as my brother and sister lives there. They are Indians. Can they apply for UK tourist visa from canada?

Thanks & Regards
Tarsheen

secret.simon

Re: UK tourist visa for Indian parents from canada

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:29 pm

tarsheen wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:06 pm
They are currently in Canada on 5 years super visa as my brother and sister lives there. They are Indians.
This bit may be a complicating factor and one that makes it a niche question.

As I understand it, a Canadian supervisa is a long-term visit visa, not a residence visa.

Off the top of my head, in order to apply for a UK visit visa, you need to be applying from either your country of citizenship or one where you have residence rights (such as on a work visa, etc). I could very well be wrong on this point, so wait for others to respond.

However, the fact that they are not living and don't appear to have strong connections to their home will count strongly against them. Visit visa applicants are expected to demonstrate stronger ties to their country of habitual residence (which is where they are on a residence visa or are a citizen of). The fact that they are on a long term visit visa to another country will count against them.

Your situation is so unique that I would encourage them to apply and for you to keep us posted on these forums so that we can learn from your experience.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

tarsheen
Newly Registered
India

Post by tarsheen » Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:51 pm

Thanks for your reply. they do have properties in India and getting rental income. They have been to UK once but at that time they used to live in India. Is there any contact or email address of UK visas ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:04 pm

Possible to apply for a visitor visa
in any visa application centre
including those in Canada.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:05 pm

tarsheen wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:51 pm
they do have properties in India and getting rental income
The fact that they reside in Canada most of the time in spite of having property and rental income in India weakens their links to India.

Obviously their links to their children resident in Canada is stronger than their links to India via property and rental income.

You're their child too. Would that make their link to the UK via their child stronger than their links to India via property and rental income? Would that therefore create a risk that they may overstay in the UK?
vinny wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:04 pm
Possible to apply for a visitor visa
in any visa application centre
including those in Canada.
Thanks for looking into this, vinny.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.