ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Visa Stamped in 72 Hours (just 3 Working Days).

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harryy

Got Visa Stamped in 72 Hours (just 3 Working Days).

Post by harryy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:23 am

Hi All,

I am a silent user of this board.

I really appreciate this forum and all the members who give their precious time to reply the queries of other members.

Following are the time lines of my application:

Applied on : 27-Jan-2009 (At VFS New Delhi)
Status till late night of 27 Jan: Image scanning completed.
Status on 28-Jan-2009 : Your Visa application has been forwarded to BHC
Status remained same on 29th and 30th
On 31st Jan, 10:44 AM I got a call -
Sir we have your passport from VFS...
I said "What"
They repeated the same sentence
I said " Are you from Blue Dart"
Yes.
Are you at same address
I said "Yes"
Call disconnected.... It was Unbelievable, To Cross Check I sent a message "Visa UK PASSPORT NO" to 57333 and I got back a message "The Status of you application: Processed application delieverd to Blue Dart on 30/01/2009"

After Two Hours I got my passport Stamped with Tier1 General Migrant
and the Original Documents !!!!!

Visa valid from 30/01/2009 to 30/01/2012

(But my folder of Previous Earning with documents - Pay Slips, Bank Statement, Letter from Bank AND folder of Maintenance Funds with Documents - Letter from Bank and Bank Statement are missing + Letter from University stating that Medium of Instruction was English)
Can anybody please guide whether they keep these documents with them or it happened by mistake?)

Just Unbelievable for me !!!!!!!!!
BHC Processed the application in 3 working days!!!!

Mostly, I just read all the postings and I almost got the answers of all my queries.
If anybody have any query, I will be more than happy to answer that.

Once again thanks to all the board members.

Regards,
Harry

malani_manish
Newly Registered

Post by malani_manish » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:25 pm

congrats buddy,
can you put in the detailed list of documents, cover letters etc and share your experience with us.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Got Visa Stamped in 72 Hours (just 3 Working Days).

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 am

harryy wrote:
(But my folder of Previous Earning with documents - Pay Slips, Bank Statement, Letter from Bank AND folder of Maintenance Funds with Documents - Letter from Bank and Bank Statement are missing + Letter from University stating that Medium of Instruction was English)
Can anybody please guide whether they keep these documents with them or it happened by mistake?)
Hi Harry...

CONGRATS on your VISA Approval

But reg docs, I think you need to call the VFS or the BHC where you applied and enquire about the documents.. if you VISA is approved without any queries... than there is no point they keeping your documents with them.. or MAY be documents are posted separately and a few days late and you will receive them soon.. just wait for a couple of days.. and get ready to revert back to the VFS or BHC of applicaation for your documents..

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:47 am

All documents are returned!
Contact VFS at the earliest, and if needed, complain to / contact BHC.

regards

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:03 pm

This is cool news! Seems like VFS Delhi applications get processed faster!!..:-) Congrats mate!

harryy

Post by harryy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:31 pm

sushdmehta wrote:All documents are returned!
Contact VFS at the earliest, and if needed, complain to / contact BHC.

regards

Hi All,

Thanks !!

Yesterday I visited the BHC New Delhi, to just postpone my visa start date.
They asked me write an application I done that, on the basis of that a call not was generated. But they rejected my request by saying that we cannot do this.
However on my form I had given some later date.

As far as my original documents are concerned I asked for these at BHC.
Lady at at helpdesk was having my file with her. I seen all the documents with my eyes. When I asked about remaining original docs, she said we cannot return them, these will be with your application only.

My original bank letters , payslips, bank statements - they kept.
But they returned my Letter from university stating that my medium in masters was english, as they told that this is available on PBS, so you can take it back.
Any comments on this please. They have kept my all documents of Previous earnings and Maintenace Funds section.

As per my experience I will put some details (in few days) on board regarding how should we prepare application and what documents we should include and in which manner. I hope it will help others.
If anybody have any query just write me at harry.janjua@gmail.com I will try to reply at the earliest.

Thanks to all.

Regards

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:29 pm

Congrats harryy.. We have couple of things in common..

1) Visa stamped in 72 hours.
Applied: 19 Jan
Stamped:22 Jan(Status was 'Ready 4 collection')
Collected in person from VFS: 23 Jan

2) BHC kept my 12-Month bank statements. But returned everything else.

3) Even I want to postpone my visa start date from 21 Jan to say around first April. I am not going to travel in the next 2-3 months, so no point wasting the visa time by sitting here.

Could anyone suggest if at all and whether anyone got their visa start date delayed ??? That would be very helpfull.. I still need to go to
BHC to request the original bank statements so will try to postpone my visa start as well.

PS: I have added all the details regarding my application and filing in the tier1 cover letter sticky. Anyone can have a look.

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Correction .. just noticed that my visa was stamped in 48 hours.. applied 19th Jan & stamped 21st.. makes it 48 hours !! :-) I noticed only on 22nd that it was ready for collection.. lol...
i can't stop thinking about the guy who got the visa after 3 years(recent post)..what an irony and what guts !!

pradeep76
Newly Registered

Missing Docs

Post by pradeep76 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi All,

I had submitted the application on 18th Feb & got the passport with Visa stamped on 22nd Feb. But they returned only educational certificates.

Can anybody guide me about whom to contact in Delhi for retrieving other docs.

They have kept my marriage certificate, bank docs, letter from university etc, original apoointment letters from previous companies.

Thanks,

Pradeep Vats

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Go the high commission in Chanakyapuri with your passport, copy of visa (copy it beforehand, u won't be allowed to use their copier) and the application requesting the papers back. I didn't get my original bank statements back so gave them an application..Almost 3 weeks have passed but no response from them.. I do not really need them though :)

z00ps00p
United Kingdom

Post by z00ps00p » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:05 pm

They have kept my marriage certificate, bank docs, letter from university etc, original apoointment letters from previous companies.
These are somewhat more important than bank statements, and I do not think the lady at the helpdesk was justified in saying that the documents were not to be returned.

If need be, write to the High Commissioner, Sir Richard Stagg KCMG, asking about your documents. (It's rather unlikely that the High Commissioner will see your letter himself, but it's likely his staff can redirect the query with a greater level of authority than just a query to the consular section.)

You could also ask VFS for help regarding this, although I doubt they can help, since it's entirely in the BHC's hands which documents to return.
Could anyone suggest if at all and whether anyone got their visa start date delayed ??? That would be very helpfull..
Well, my application went through the BDHC, Chennai, who took 28 days to process my visa application−and the visa stamp they applied matched the date I requested on the forms and cover letter. Once the visa is issued, I think it is probably difficult for them to revisit the application and provide a fresh visa. (At minimum the previous visa stamp would need to be cancelled and a fresh one applied.)