ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ETIAS Family member status

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

Paul02
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ETIAS Family member status

Post by Paul02 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:59 pm

HI All,

The more I read this the less sense it makes,

I have a Polish wife, and we have two children together living in the UK, she has settlement status in the uk , I am just reading about the ETIAS Family member status, do I qualify as a Family member?

theolddog
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gibraltar

Re: ETIAS Family member status

Post by theolddog » Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:14 pm

Yes as long as she is travelling in her EU passport and you have your marriage certificate with you, and children’s birth certificates to prove the family connection to her and you

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ETIAS Family member status

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:58 pm

Paul02 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:59 pm
HI All,

The more I read this the less sense it makes,

I have a Polish wife, and we have two children together living in the UK, she has settlement status in the uk , I am just reading about the ETIAS Family member status, do I qualify as a Family member?
This requirement for ETIAS does not apply to family members of EU citizens or those of non-EU nationals who have the right to move freely throughout the European Union.

If you're not from a visa exempt country, then you would require a visa to enter the EU. The need for a visa stems from the fact that no airline might carry you without one.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!