ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents apply for Standard Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeeshan350
Newly Registered

Parents apply for Standard Visitor Visa

Post by zeeshan350 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:48 pm

Hi,

Please, I need advice.

My father-in-law and mother-in-law want to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa to come visit us in December. They are both in their late 50s, and they plan to stay for 1-2 months. My wife, son, and I are both British citizens.

My father-in-law runs his own wholesale business in Pakistan, and they are financially stable. However, they are unsure about the specific amount of money they BOTH need to show in their bank accounts for the visa application. They also want to know if my mother-in-law, who is a housewife, needs to provide her bank statements (get money from my father-in-law). Additionally, they are unsure about the other supporting documents required for the visa application. I have advised the following.
  • Valid passport or travel document
    Proof of departure and Proof of return
    Proof of funds ( They are very confused about how many months of bank statements are needed and how much?)
    Proof of intended activities (staying with us...Do we need to send an invitation letter along with our bank statement?)

Kindly advise so I can help them.

Thank you,

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Parents apply for Standard Visitor Visa

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:29 am

zeeshan350 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:48 pm
Hi,

Please, I need advice.

My father-in-law and mother-in-law want to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa to come visit us in December. They are both in their late 50s, and they plan to stay for 1-2 months Too long. My wife, son, and I are both British citizens.

My father-in-law runs his own wholesale business in Pakistan, and they are financially stable. However, they are unsure about the specific amount of money they BOTH need to show in their bank accounts for the visa application There's no specific amount. Depends on how they live. If no dependants I'd say it would be nice to show above £7k. They also want to know if my mother-in-law, who is a housewife, needs to provide her bank statements (get money from my father-in-law) If she has money in her account, then why not. Additionally, they are unsure about the other supporting documents required for the visa application Depending on what they do. I have advised the following.
  • Valid passport or travel document
    Proof of departure and Proof of return Not required, however they need to show reasons why they're likely to go back like biz, job or family commitments.
    Proof of funds ( They are very confused about how many months of bank statements are needed and how much?) 6 months statements/ proof of funds. FYA personal accounts and no biz accounts
    Proof of intended activities (staying with us...Do we need to send an invitation letter along with our bank statement?)
Yes, invitation letter allows you to tell your story.

Kindly advise so I can help them.

Thank you,
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

zeeshan350
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshan350 » Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:54 am

Thank you for your reply.

So, they are planning to meet us and their grandchild (my son). They are going to stay with us for the whole trip. Also, can you explain what FYA accounts are? Do they each have separate accounts or joint ones?

If 1-2 months is too long, how many days can they stay in the UK without the risk of being rejected?

Regards,
Zeeshan

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:03 pm

zeeshan350 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:54 am
Thank you for your reply.

So, they are planning to meet us and their grandchild (my son). They are going to stay with us for the whole trip. Also, can you explain what FYA accounts are?for you attention (FYA) Do they each have separate accounts or joint ones? It would be nice to show that they are very self sustainable as they are still young in the 50's.

If 1-2 months is too long, how many days can they stay in the UK without the risk of being rejected? For a first visa, you want to build trust. 2-3 weeks is more than enough for a holiday. TBH, ideally it should be 7-14 days. But it's entirely up to you.

Regards,
Zeeshan
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!