ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application dates past -- UK visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

whiskydeltatango
United Kingdom

Application dates past -- UK visitor visa

Post by whiskydeltatango » Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:34 pm

Hello, All,

My parents-in-law applied for single-entry UK visitor visas, and their applications have not been processed in time for the applied for dates. In this case, will the decision maker still make a decision on the visas though the dates have past, or will the applications be discarded without a decision made? I ask because we're now not sure whether we should continue to check the application status with the VAC. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Application dates past -- UK visitor visa

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:45 pm

whiskydeltatango wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:34 pm
Hello, All,

My parents-in-law applied for single-entry UK visitor visas, and their applications have not been processed in time for the applied for dates. In this case, will the decision maker still make a decision on the visas though the dates have past, or will the applications be discarded without a decision made? I ask because we're now not sure whether we should continue to check the application status with the VAC. Thanks in advance for any advice.
UK visit visas normally take 3 weeks processing time. If you put a closer date than that, that would have been impossible for you to make the trip.

Not sure the ECO would be so malicious to not issue a visa if date has passed. If they qualify, visa would be issued and they could fly at a different date.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

whiskydeltatango
United Kingdom

Post by whiskydeltatango » Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:34 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:45 pm
whiskydeltatango wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:34 pm
Hello, All,

UK visit visas normally take 3 weeks processing time. If you put a closer date than that, that would have been impossible for you to make the trip.

Not sure the ECO would be so malicious to not issue a visa if date has passed. If they qualify, visa would be issued and they could fly at a different date.
Thanks for this. They allowed more than three weeks processing time for the visa, but, nevertheless, we accept that they should have applied much earlier than they did. We're not interested in blaming anyone other than ourselves for the dates having passed before a decision.

Not having been in this position before, we just aren't sure what happens in circumstances when the applied-for dates have passed. Whether or not the ECO discards the applications or whether it's possible that they may still be granted for a future period, or refused, of course.

From your response, I take it that the visas will still be processed, and a decision of some sort actually made.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:38 pm

That shouldn't be an issue, the decision would still be made in accordance with the application timeframes given.

The dates we provide during the application are somehow indicative, it doesn't mean that the applicant must travel on those dates only, UKVI shouldn't reject if the date has passed. Once the visitor visa is approved the applicant can plan the trip within the time of validity.

whiskydeltatango
United Kingdom

Post by whiskydeltatango » Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:35 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:38 pm
That shouldn't be an issue, the decision would still be made in accordance with the application timeframes given.

The dates we provide during the application are somehow indicative, it doesn't mean that the applicant must travel on those dates only, UKVI shouldn't reject if the date has passed. Once the visitor visa is approved the applicant can plan the trip within the time of validity.
Thank you for this illuminating response. So, we will continue to check the status in the expectation that a decision will still be made one way or the other.

Thanks again to you both.