ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Dependent - ILR eligibility after 195 days absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rad28
Bahrain

Skilled Worker Dependent - ILR eligibility after 195 days absence

Post by Rad28 » Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:53 pm

Hi,

I applied for ILR on September 2021 after being on the Tier 2/Skilled Worker 5 year route and obtained British Citizenship on December 2022.

My wife obtained her Skilled Worker Dependent visa on December 15, 2020 and entered the UK on February 28, 2021.

Since October 7, 2023 until today she has been outside the UK for 195 days. This was not planned. We were on vacation in Spain and France recently, where she would have been out of the UK for 177 days but she had to cut the vacation short and travel back home to take care of her sick 1 year old niece (considered god daughter and she considers her as her own daughter) who has recently had developed a heart condition. The niece's mother (my wife's sister) needed my wife's help. This is very unfortunate as she could have applied for ILR in November 2025 without any broken continuous residence.

The question is, would the 195 days completely be considered unacceptable and would she have to restart the 5 years OR are there any ways that discretion could be applied?

Thank you.

vinny

Re: Skilled Worker Dependent - ILR eligibility after 195 days absence

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:35 am

Same advice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rad28
Bahrain

Post by Rad28 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:22 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:35 am
Same advice.
Thank you, have you seen any cases where discretion has been applied for ILR with over 180 days absence or is it very uncommon?

Is this reason I mentioned here valid?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:55 am

Discretion is very very rarely applied.

The reasons you stated would likely not be considered exceptional.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.