ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What documents need be certified for Citizenship Application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yuri_Z2024
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship Application Question about References

Post by Yuri_Z2024 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:16 pm

Hi there,

I am looking for some clarity for the new online citizenship application. Hope someone can help here. Thank you so much!

What information is required from the 3 references when I fill in the online application? Only their name and phone numbers? Do I need to provide a copy of their signatures?

And also really appreciate it If someone could help me get a good understanding of what questions the references would be asked if they ever got contacted for my application.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Application Question about References

Post by Vadrar » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:06 pm

The applicant provides names and phone numbers for Irish referees. Obviously they should have got verbal permission from the referee before listing them.

Referees haven’t really been called in any significant numbers for a while so it isn’t clear what the department would ask should/when they start again.

When they were calling, they used to just confirm how the referee knew the applicant and for how long and that the referee was happy to recommend them for naturalisation. It wasn’t an in-depth conversation.

Yuri_Z2024
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Application Question about References

Post by Yuri_Z2024 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:33 am

Vadrar wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:06 pm
The applicant provides names and phone numbers for Irish referees. Obviously they should have got verbal permission from the referee before listing them.

Referees haven’t really been called in any significant numbers for a while so it isn’t clear what the department would ask should/when they start again.

When they were calling, they used to just confirm how the referee knew the applicant and for how long and that the referee was happy to recommend them for naturalisation. It wasn’t an in-depth conversation.
Thank you for your response.

Best regards

Yu

Yuri_Z2024
Newly Registered
Ireland

What documents need be certified for Citizenship Application?

Post by Yuri_Z2024 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:48 am

Except for passport from home country, what else need to be certified for citizenship Application?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: What documents need be certified for Citizenship Application?

Post by Vadrar » Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:09 pm

Yuri_Z2024 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:48 am
Except for passport from home country, what else need to be certified for citizenship Application?

The documents you need depend on what route you are using to apply.

Read here: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... alisation/ It links to the documents you need. Start the online process at the link it gives you a personalised link to the document you need.

Yuri_Z2024
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yuri_Z2024 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:24 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:09 pm
Yuri_Z2024 wrote:

Read here: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... alisation/ It links to the documents you need. Start the online process at the link it gives you a personalised link to the document you need.
Thank you for your reply. I have went over the content from the link. I am applying based off 5 year residence. I only see passport is required to be certified, but was told by a friend birth cert is required too. Is this true?

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:35 pm

Yuri_Z2024 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:24 pm
Vadrar wrote:
Yuri_Z2024 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I have went over the content from the link. I am applying based off 5 year residence. I only see passport is required to be certified, but was told by a friend birth cert is required too. Is this true?
Please look at the links provided again. Certified birth certificate is specifically mentioned. There is a link to the application portal. Start the online application. You are given a personalised link to the documents you need to submit.
Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 14.29.18.png
Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 14.29.18.png (54.76 KiB) Viewed 278 times

Yuri_Z2024
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yuri_Z2024 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:34 am

Vadrar wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:35 pm
Yuri_Z2024 wrote:
Vadrar wrote:
Yuri_Z2024 wrote:

Please look at the links provided again. Certified birth certificate is specifically mentioned. There is a link to the application portal. Start the online application. You are given a personalised link to the documents you need to submit.

I have been to the online portal, definitely missed the link to the word document. Your help is much appreciated!

One more question about the birth cert. I don't have an original birth cert, at the time when I was born, the hospital didn't provide it. I now have a birth cert issued by Notary from my home country, it's in both local language and English. Do I still need to get it translated and certified again in Ireland?

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:50 pm

Yuri_Z2024 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:34 am
Vadrar wrote:
Yuri_Z2024 wrote:
Vadrar wrote:
Yuri_Z2024 wrote:

I have been to the online portal, definitely missed the link to the word document. Your help is much appreciated!

One more question about the birth cert. I don't have an original birth cert, at the time when I was born, the hospital didn't provide it. I now have a birth cert issued by Notary from my home country, it's in both local language and English. Do I still need to get it translated and certified again in Ireland?
When birth certs are issued by a national registry in local language and English you can usually get away with not providing a separate translation. However, birth certs issued by notaries tend to be less reliably accepted as they aren't as verifiable as nationally issued ones. So if it were me I'd get it translated by a translator registered with ATII. It is one less thing they can object to. You'll need birth cert again when you apply for a passport, and I imagine the chances of you getting away without an Irish-registered translation twice are low - but not impossible.

Yuri_Z2024
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yuri_Z2024 » Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:09 am

Vadrar wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:50 pm
Yuri_Z2024 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:34 am
Vadrar wrote:
Yuri_Z2024 wrote:
Vadrar wrote:
Yuri_Z2024 wrote:

When birth certs are issued by a national registry in local language and English you can usually get away with not providing a separate translation. However, birth certs issued by notaries tend to be less reliably accepted as they aren't as verifiable as nationally issued ones. So if it were me I'd get it translated by a translator registered with ATII. It is one less thing they can object to. You'll need birth cert again when you apply for a passport, and I imagine the chances of you getting away without an Irish-registered translation twice are low - but not impossible.
This is very helpful! I will do get an ATII translator translate or certify my document. Thank you for your advice.