ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain based on Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BobVillaBob
Newly Registered
United States of America

Indefinite Leave to Remain based on Long Residence

Post by BobVillaBob » Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:27 am

I am applying for ILR based on long residence (10 years) and wanted to seek clarification about the partner questions on the applications.

The application asks if you have an unmarried partner and requires you to submit their documents, even if they're British: 'Evidence you have to prove the relationship with xxx (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years'."

As my application is not based on my relationship, but based on the fact that I have been living legally in the UK for 10 years, should I just omit my relationship status, as part of the application? Thanks in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain based on Long Residence

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:10 pm

Yep you can omit that. That section is for those that have visas linked together for future reasons.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:54 pm

Your family/relationship circumstances are irrelevant and have no impact at all. Answer any questions on the form as they are
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

BobVillaBob
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by BobVillaBob » Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:53 am

Thank you all!