ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US visitor visa from UK - Indian Passport with ILR

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tyatu
Newly Registered
India

US visitor visa from UK - Indian Passport with ILR

Post by tyatu » Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:03 pm

Hi,

I have an upcoming visa interview appointment in London consulate for a visitor visa. I have applied for myself, my wife and daughter (3 yr old). I have a permanent job and my wife is on a fixed term contract. I want to know anybody having a recent experience with it? The documents I am taking with me are:
1) Passport and BRPs
2) Photos
3) DS-160 confirmation page
4) Interview appointment email
5) Bank statements/ payslips
6) UK tax documents (P45 and P60)
7) Letter of employment from employer
8) Letter of invitation
9) Birth certificate for my daughter born here.

I can't think of anything else I can provide. I am going to visit my sister's family. My parents live in India. Does an ILR help in proving my intentions to return?

Any advices on documents and anyone's recent experience is welcome.

Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: US visitor visa from UK - Indian Passport with ILR

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:01 am

tyatu wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:03 pm
Hi,

I have an upcoming visa interview appointment in London consulate for a visitor visa. I have applied for myself, my wife and daughter (3 yr old). I have a permanent job and my wife is on a fixed term contract. I want to know anybody having a recent experience with it? The documents I am taking with me are:
1) Passport and BRPs Good
2) Photos good
3) DS-160 confirmation page Good
4) Interview appointment email Good
5) Bank statements Good/ payslips
6) UK tax documents (P45 and P60)
7) Letter of employment from employer
8) Letter of invitation Good
9) Birth certificate for my daughter born here.

I can't think of anything else I can provide. I am going to visit my sister's family. My parents live in India. Does an ILR help in proving my intentions to return?

Any advices on documents and anyone's recent experience is welcome.

Regards
I think you have all you might need with you. However, US interviews are like non-other. Half the time they only talk to you (say 3-5 mins). They mostly never want to see any documents. But good to have them as it gives you confidence.
Yes, the consular officer might ask to see just one document.

Having ILR here does help as it shows that you're fully resident here and your allegiances are somewhere else. If I can phrase it like that.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: US visitor visa from UK - Indian Passport with ILR

Post by lolo2 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:32 pm

In case you don't have yet this in the packet, also include a copy of the tenancy agreement, property deed or mortgage certificate, depending on your circumstances. Officers may randomly ask for that.

Plain and straight answers to their questions, without elaborating unless requested. Most of the time a yes or no is enough.