ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired 1G IRP after CSEP application made

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

owlie
Newly Registered
India

Expired 1G IRP after CSEP application made

Post by owlie » Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:27 pm

Hi,

So I filed CSEP application in the last week of August. I was told that I need not apply for Stamp 1G renewal as the decision will come by my 1G expiry date (20 Sep). However, the decision has not yet come and I am confused about what to do.
I understand that the decision might come next week. I read a few posts that said that a few days gap shouldn't matter and I need not apply for renewal. Can someone please guide me on how to approach this?
Should I take leave from work or something else?

Thanks in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Expired 1G IRP after CSEP application made

Post by meself2 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:01 pm

owlie wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:27 pm
I was told that I need not apply for Stamp 1G renewal as the decision will come by my 1G expiry date (20 Sep).
By whom? ISD staff?

As far as I know, you're covered for 8 weeks on the conditions of your past stamp (1G in your case), but there's no clear rule about it. I'd say start looking into the renewal after a month or so, just in case (if you can renew it, that is - 1G is meant for jobseekers, as I assume you just graduated; you got a job).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:03 pm

Coreection - did you made an application for the permit itself or for an IRP card?

If it's the former, 8 week provision won't apply to you.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

owlie
Newly Registered
India

Post by owlie » Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:12 pm

Made an application for permit. Do you think I should apply for 1G renewal in the interim?

I was told about it by someone who had been in similar position in the past.

owlie
Newly Registered
India

Post by owlie » Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:37 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:01 pm
owlie wrote:
I was told that I need not apply for Stamp 1G renewal as the decision will come by my 1G expiry date (20 Sep).
By whom? ISD staff?

As far as I know, you're covered for 8 weeks on the conditions of your past stamp (1G in your case), but there's no clear rule about it. I'd say start looking into the renewal after a month or so, just in case (if you can renew it, that is - 1G is meant for jobseekers, as I assume you just graduated; you got a job).
clarification: I was told this by the agent who did application on my behalf as well as others who have been in similar position.

Also thank you for your response. I’m just way too stressed because I relied on my agents advice. Can you please guide me if it is a good idea to apply for stamp 1g renewal till I get a decision on my CSEP application?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:00 am

owlie wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:37 pm
meself2 wrote:
owlie wrote:
By whom? ISD staff?

clarification: I was told this by the agent who did application on my behalf as well as others who have been in similar position.

Also thank you for your response. I’m just way too stressed because I relied on my agents advice. Can you please guide me if it is a good idea to apply for stamp 1g renewal till I get a decision on my CSEP application?
At the moment it's kind of a legal limbo - technically you're an overstayer and don't have a legal right to be here. I know some students who applied after their permit expired and got a new one, but that was because college was very sluggish in issuing confirmation of registration. Not sure how favourably they'll look on your case.

I'm not sure, honestly, what is the best course of action to do with your status. Applications take a month or so to be processed (assuming you're in counties that allow online renewal), so you may end up paying the money twice if you apply now. If you work will pay renewal fees - go for it, otherwise you have to make a decision yourself. I'm surprised your work didn't raise an alarm as your IRP is expired by now.

Does your agent give you any suggestion as to what to do? You got into a pickle now due to his advice.

owlie
Newly Registered
India

Post by owlie » Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:07 am

meself2 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:00 am
owlie wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:37 pm
meself2 wrote:
owlie wrote:
By whom? ISD staff?

At the moment it's kind of a legal limbo - technically you're an overstayer and don't have a legal right to be here. I know some students who applied after their permit expired and got a new one, but that was because college was very sluggish in issuing confirmation of registration. Not sure how favourably they'll look on your case.

I'm not sure, honestly, what is the best course of action to do with your status. Applications take a month or so to be processed (assuming you're in counties that allow online renewal), so you may end up paying the money twice if you apply now. If you work will pay renewal fees - go for it, otherwise you have to make a decision yourself. I'm surprised your work didn't raise an alarm as your IRP is expired by now.

Does your agent give you any suggestion as to what to do? You got into a pickle now due to his advice.
My agent said to wait and if I’m overly stressed to apply for stamp 1G. Completely backtracked saying the advice was given based on the processing status. I have written to immigration in panic last night to guide me. I don’t know if it was a good idea. My work won’t pay for renewal fees. My IRP just expired, there isn’t much gap to be honest. However, it’s a gap and I want to address it.