ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization proof of residence with settled status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cf11
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalization proof of residence with settled status

Post by cf11 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:09 pm

I have booked my biometric appointment and have uploaded all the required documents. However, I am now concerned that there may be some missing documents.

To clarify, I was granted settled status 12 months ago, at which time I provided documents demonstrating my continuous residence for the required 5-year period. For this current naturalization application, I have only uploaded documents proving my continuous residence over the last 12 months since obtaining settled status. I based this decision on the AN guidance, which states on page 32 under residence requirements:

"Please note, you do not need to submit documents that have been uploaded as part of previous immigration applications – we will have a record of these and will consider them in support of your application."

However, I have come across conflicting information online regarding whether I need to re-upload the 'proof of continuous residence' documents from my previous settled status application. Could you advise if the documents I’ve submitted are sufficient? It is all very confusing...

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization proof of residence with settled status

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:47 pm

To be on the safe side and to avoid delays just include documents proving 5 years of residency such as P60s.
Note that naturalization is not an immigration application like EUSS and has its own requirements. Just go with the naturalization requirements
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.