ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fibonacci0044
Newly Registered

Naturalisation after ILR

Post by fibonacci0044 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:24 pm

Hi
Everyone, My wife and Child are British and i am on the 10 year rule applying for ILR my question is can i apply for Naturalization asap after i get the ILR or do i have to wait for 1 year?

(my Solicator saying only people on the 5 year rule can apply for naturalization at once without waiting for 1 year after they get the ILR) but the gov.uk website saying if your partner is british you don't have to wait for 1 year.

with a lots of Thanks for anyhelp.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation after ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:31 pm

Please don’t tag on to an unrelated thread!!!!

Why are you paying a solicitor for wrong advice???

What matters is that you have ILR however you qualified for it. If your spouse is British you can apply immediately once you have obtained ILR.

You don’t need a solicitor- do the application yourself.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.