ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SWV - Knowledge of English requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mirkinoid
Newly Registered
Ukraine

SWV - Knowledge of English requirement

Post by mirkinoid » Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:16 pm

Apologies if this has been asked before. I’m a software engineer; would B1 be enough to fulfill the knowledge of English requirement in my case? I have the following scores in PTE Academic UKVI:

Listening - 64
Reading- 73
Speaking - 49
Writing - 71
The overall score is 64.

What I’m worried about is my low speaking score, but it's still B1 according to the Pearson table, where it’s stated that B1 is 43 or higher. But it also says that B1 is required in “most cases”, so how would I know it’d be sufficient in my case? Also, gov.uk says it should be “at least” B1 without saying anything about any “special cases”. Should I retake the exam to have at least B2 to be on the safer side or my results would be sufficient? Thanks!

thevladi1
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: SWV - Knowledge of English requirement

Post by thevladi1 » Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:00 am

Download this spreadsheet "List of approved secure English language tests taken in the UK" and compare:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your- ... -test-selt

I think you should be fine