ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has The Join Family Visa Stopped Processing?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

LookingForInfoIE
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Has The Join Family Visa Stopped Processing?

Post by LookingForInfoIE » Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:36 pm

Hi,

Looking for some information please, my partner applied for a Join Family Visa (Irish Citizen) close to 14 months ago.

It seems that the processing of this visa has completely slowed down over the last 4 or 5 months.

On this web page: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/visa-de ... 0In%20This

The date for Join Family Visa has been stuck on the 13th of July since the end of April, meaning the date hasn't updated in 5 months.

Does anyone know why this is? It seems like they have completely stopped processing this Visa over the last 5 months.

Myself and my partner are becoming increasingly desperate and the wait time is causing huge distress to our family.

Does anyone have any information or advice they can share please?

Really appreciated!

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Has The Join Family Visa Stopped Processing?

Post by Angel99 » Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:11 pm

Enough has been said about Irish visa. Irish and EU citizen spouses are not even spared. You should have moved to a schengen country then after your partner gets the residence card your partner will have visa free to Ireland. I bet this would have been faster than waiting 14 months (Schengen EU family visas take 5 - 15 days)

***Reach out to the embassy, dublin visa office and Solvit.

LookingForInfoIE
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Has The Join Family Visa Stopped Processing?

Post by LookingForInfoIE » Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:27 pm

Thanks for your reply, I have reached out to the Department several times throughout the 14 months but have received the usual copied and pasted response.

I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation and had some information or advice, particularly as to why the website hasn't updated in 5 months.

Unfortunately it is not possible for me to move to a Schengen country, I am and Irish citizen born and raised here and employed in Ireland.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.