ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarkCa
United Kingdom

ILR for dependent child

Post by MarkCa » Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:17 am

Hello,

One of my employees is applying for ILR in 2 months.

He had skilled worker visa for 5 years so no issues there.

His wife and children joined him 1 year later, so unfortunately at the time of his ILR aplication they will be here for 4 years.

I am aware that wife will need to extend her dependant visa, but what about children?

They are in the UK for 4 years and one of their parents is applying for ILR while other is not. Can they apply for ILR?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for dependent child

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:26 am

MarkCa wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:17 am
Hello,

One of my employees is applying for ILR in 2 months.

He had skilled worker visa for 5 years so no issues there.

His wife and children joined him 1 year later, so unfortunately at the time of his ILR aplication they will be here for 4 years.

I am aware that wife will need to extend her dependant visa, but what about children?

They are in the UK for 4 years and one of their parents is applying for ILR while other is not. Can they apply for ILR?
No, as the child will only qualify for ILR in-line with the mother.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.