ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw rejected-go home?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BhavinBhatt
Newly Registered

psw rejected-go home?

Post by BhavinBhatt » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:12 am

applied for psw,but i received my rejection letter on 31/01/2009 , ..my visa expired on the 4th of december 2008, i have 2 options,

to appeal by the 16th of february...or leave..

as far as leaving is concerned i have no information, which is why i am writing here...

do i get some kind of grace period by which date i have to leave??
or does it have to be as soon as possible??

do i need to fill any forms or documents before leaving the country, or do i just do it asap?
if yes, then what documents or forms do i need to fly out by myself...

what if i can make my own arrangements???do i still need to go through you government...

as you can tell, i am already over staying, how will it affect my exit, will i be questioned or interviewed for overstaying......??

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:53 am

Sorry about your refusal. The period after a refusal is always a trying one, so I understand how you're feeling. Don't panic, OK.

If you decide to leave, you have to do so within 28 days of your refusal (31st January). On the other hand, if you decide to go ahead with the appeal, you have to do so by the 16th of February. Either way, if you leave or appeal on time, you will NOT be classified as an overstayer.

If you want to appeal, you should only do so if you're sure you have a case that's likely to succeed, otherwise don't. The appeal process is a lengthy one and you need patience to see you through it all.

If you want to leave, it's best if you leave at your own expense and not rely on the government. To the best of my knowledge, there are no forms to be filled to fly out.

For future visa applications you want to make, you have to declare this refusal (by quoting your home office reference number) on the application forms. If you don't do so, you may be considered as being deceptive and not only will your application be refused, you'll be given a ban on entry clearance.

If I'm wrong in anything I've said, hopefully the senior members of this forum can correct me or advise you further.

All the best mate

BhavinBhatt
Newly Registered

Post by BhavinBhatt » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:59 am

Thanks alot mate, i have been here for seven years now, and can try and wind up everything and go, with respect to the appeal, well its alot of money, plus no guerentee, since lawyer havent done such cases, one wanted to challenge the law made by the parliament, on my behalf, i dont see that happening....changing a law at my cost, anyways, i will try and find out how this works....
Thanks again