ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Skilled in the UK" official definition??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JhonnyECU

"Skilled in the UK" official definition??

Post by JhonnyECU » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:42 pm

Dear all,

I post this with the objective to get a positive brainstorming from everyone about the possibilities to use the following information in our favor.

from ALL that i have researched on this forum, i have found very little information about an OFFICIAL definition of what makes someone "skilled" in the UK...

i found out some valuable info about the institution which is in charge of providing training and better opportunities for the working force in the UK. since 1997, the UK Department of Education and Skills has been working on various national projects "to ensure that employers have the right skills to support the success of their businesses, and individuals have the skills they need to be both employable and personally fulfilled." quoted according to their information published on Summary of "White Paper - Skill Strategy". (links provided below)

It is VERY interesting to see HOW important it is for the UK government to raise the skills of their working force:

13. "A key means of raising our game on skills is through the Sector Skills Council network. We are on track to establish 23 Councils by summer 2004.The Councils will be a major new voice for employers and employees in each major sector of the economy.We will
support the development of sector skills agreements, setting a longer term agenda for raising productivity in each sector, the skills needed for international competitiveness,and how employers might work together on a voluntary basis to invest in the necessary skills."

I would like to motivate each of you to think about the various ways in which ALL of us can get the best out of this "Councils" in our respective fields for us to get some official help with our applications.

Skill Strategy web site has valuable information on:

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/skillsstrategy/index.cfm

The summary of this White paper could be found on:

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/skillsstrategy/_ ... PDFID2.pdf

all suggestions are more than welcome

thanks for replying

jhonny
:)

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:49 pm

btw, I was out for a while: did you re-submit your paid appeal or not? what is your status now?

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:12 pm

hi korben,

sorry to hear about your horrible situation, hope you can find a solution to it soon.

as for me, i am simply gathering every single piece of evidence to send a NEW SOLID application this time. i just turned 27 last month so i still have time to achieve this approval as under 28.

if this makes you feel any better, i could tell you about my not so pleasant news...i have had my CV on this TV UK recruitment website since january and have gotten some nice offers. unfortunately the fact that i have not recieved my approval and these companies are not willing to sponsor my WP has costed me 2 jobs already during the last 3 weeks ...one was for teh discovery channel...that hurts more than being refused, my friend.

but hey, what can we do? the germans say "Kopf hoch" that means raise your head... if it is not mean to be...or if it is not the right time for me to us to and work in the UK?

i will just keep on workin on some tv productions here in ecuador and in the time between shootings work on getting all the evidence i can think of exactly in the way the hsmp format says , right?!

check out the links i gave you on this post and tell me what you think...

best

jhonny
:)

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:54 pm

Why do you think there must be an "offficial" definition of "skilled work" in UK? There are a number of cases when the definition of important concepts is deliberately not in statures/regulations...

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:57 pm

hey hsmphopeful,

please be so kind as to check the links i provided above. these links could be of fundamental benefit for current and future applicants.

i think that if we create an intelligent strategy to take advantage of the Sector Skill Councils which represent and control the level of SKILLS in over 23 major sectors of the UK economy, then we might get one piece of extraordinary evidence to submit with our application.

hope we can get more and more ideas and suggestions about the potential of this Councils

all the ideas are welcome to this brainstorming

thanks

jhonny

-working as a team will bring us much better results-