ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tb screening and other stuff (moving from US to UK)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oldmantom
Newly Registered

tb screening and other stuff (moving from US to UK)

Post by oldmantom » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Hey,

My wife (US citizen) recently got her spouse visa, we've got her ticket and she's due to fly on the 21st of feb, I just wanted to check there was nothing else we have to do before she arrives.

I have read about the tb screening and is it correct that it only applies to certain countries? Or will she need to bring evidence with her that she does not have tb?

Is there anything else she has to bring besides the visa in order to be allowed into the uk once she arrives?

Lastly, when we got her ticket we got a return one (leaving 21st feb, going back march 31st) as this was only $500, a one way one was $980... will this be a problem when coming in with the visa? (i.e. that it's a return one, they might think she's not planning to stay here?).

She's not planning to return to the US, but all the one way ones cost $980 so it seemed stupid to pay almost double what we had to. The airline even advised us just to get the return then cancel the flight back after she arrives in the UK.

Thanks

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Americans are not required to undergo screening. And with a spouse visa she will not be expected to have a return ticket.