ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Needed: Job Adverts Ban/Points System Tightened

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GSOtodd

Advice Needed: Job Adverts Ban/Points System Tightened

Post by GSOtodd » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Suppose Jacqui Smith and Home Office passes new law about jobs being advertised in JCP FIRST, how will this play out? Would the job necessarily HAVE to be advertised in JCP or just in important national newpapers (TES/TIMES) and recruiting agencies?

Suppose I want to change jobs after this is passed and my job is not advertised on jobcentre plus but IS advertised in national newspaper, would the change effect me since I'm already in UK? Would my new employers be willing to advertised after hiring me and before going through work permit applications just to satisfy new requirements.

Please reply.
Andy

traveller1973
Newly Registered

Post by traveller1973 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:36 pm

These are questions that can only be answered when the finite details of the PBS changes are announced. It is likely that resident workers and EU nationals will get priority over non-EU migrants and a company will have to show that neither of these can fill the position. What sector are you in? If you are in a shortage occupation, I wouldn't worry.