ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hurray ! Got HSMP Depenednt Visa Stamped :)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pavam

Hurray ! Got HSMP Depenednt Visa Stamped :)

Post by pavam » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Hurray!

Got the Visa

---------------------

Applied on - 27-01-2009
VFS - Bangalore
Type - HSMP Dependent
Rcvd Passport - 06-02-2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The first and foremost thing which isn't mentioned anywhere is a Sponsor letter. It is different from your covering letter. This was asked by VFS officer. Then we gave it in writing on a paper.

2. VAF 2 form for dependents. The same you filled for your HSMP Visa. There's a separate section for children. So, I believe you would need just 1 form for both wife and child. Still would suggest you confirm from VFS directly instead of putting query here.

3. Need Relation Proofs-
a. Marriage Certificate - asked by VFS
b. Marriage Pix - asked by VFS
c. Invitation Cards - asked by VFS
d. Spouse name on Passport ( as in my case I had but wasn't asked by VFS)
e. For your child - Birth Certificate + Passport. Your names will be on passport. For more, better contact VFS.

4. Main Applicant’s Financial Evidence
As as HSMP applicant, you dont need to show maintenance funds. But better be on safe side. For TIER 1, they ask GBP 2800 for main applicant + GBP 1600 per dependent for a period of 3 months = GBP 4400 for 2 ppl for 3 mnths. GBP 5000 should be sufficient for you 3. Or you can show any property or jewelery or shares you have.

5. Main Applicant’s Documents
a. Copy of passport ( First Page, Last Page and Visa Page)
b. Copy of HSMP approval letter

They asked for pay slips and world proof. As he's not working, we submitted last employer's experience letter and pay slips.

6. Accommodation Proof
a. Invitation letter
b. Copy of Tenancy Agreement
c. Copy of House Utility Bills
d. Copy of Council Tax

Fees:

HSMP Dependent - INR 15400
Bank Draft - INR 100
Courier Charges - INR 200

All these were asked by VFS officer. I'm also posting my cover letter and mails from VFS. Hope all this helps.

===============================================
Cover Letter

To 23rd January, 2009

The Immigration Officer
British Deputy High Commission
Chennai – 600006
India

Subject: Applying as Dependent under HSMP Visa, Passport No – 0000000

Dear Sir / Madam,

I, Pavneet Soni, wish to apply for entry clearance to U.K under Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP) dependant to my husband, Amit Soni. He should be considered as the main applicant.

Main Applicant’s Details

Name : Amit Soni
Passport No : 00000000
Relationship : Husband
HSMP Visa Validity : 0000000
Currently staying in : India. Planning to go to U.K next month.

Following is the list of documents provided:

1. My Application

• VAF 2 Form

2. Identity Proof

• Passport

3. Relationship Evidence

• Marriage Certificate
• Spouse’s (Main Applicant) Name on Passport
• Marriage Photographs
• Marriage invitation cards both from my and my husband’s side

4. Main Applicant’s Financial Evidence

• 10 months (1st April, 2008 to 12th January, 2009) Bank Statements of Savings account, ICICI Bank Account No : 0000000000, of my husband
INR 5,11,795 = GBP 7,586 (taken from xe.com on 2009.01.22 13:07:04 UTC)
• 10 months (1st April, 2008 to 19th January, 2009) Bank Statements of Salary account, Deutsche Bank Account No: 0000000000000, of my husband. There are no funds in this account. I’m showing it’s statements as amount from this account has been transferred to the ICICI Savings Account mentioned above.
• 8 months (April, 2008 to November, 2008) salary slips of my husband. He was working with 0000000000000 Bangalore as Technical Lead.
• 3 years ITR ( 2006 to 2008) of my husband

5. Main Applicant’s Documents

• Copy of my Husband’s passport ( First Page, Last Page and Visa Page)
• Copy of HSMP approval letter

6. Accommodation Proof

• Invitation letter from my Cousin Brother, 000000000, for me and my husband (Main Applicant)
• Copy of my cousin brother’s passport ( First Page, Last Page and Visa Page)
• Copy of my cousin brother’s Tenancy Agreement
• Copy of my cousin brother’s House Utility Bills

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you

Yours Sincerely

Pavneet Soni

===============================================

Reply from VFS West

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

Please note: HSMP - Dependent (Where the principal applicant has been stamped HSMP VISA before 1st April 2008 and the endorsement reads HIGHLY SKILLED MIGRANT PROGRAM) should complete VAF 2 and the visa fee is 16400. Maintenance does not apply.

The visa fee for HSMP Dependant is 15400 INR per application. All the applicants above 5 years in age need to visit the application center in person to submit their application, as they need to submit their Biometrics data (finger scan and photo).

The processing time for a HSMP Dependant visa is around 4-5 working days. However, the discretion to grant a visa lies with British High Commission and the processing time can be shorter or longer based on your application, at the discretion of British High Commission.

You can use any of the two modes of payment - Demand Draft or Cash. The details of the payment options have been attached for your reference. Credit cards and debit cards are not accepted currently. The visa fees can be paid in cash at the bank counter in the application center, for which the bank would levy a non-refundable service charge of 100 INR per application.

You can either download the application forms from our website mentioned below or avail the same at the application center.