ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover letter for dependent when Main app'nt NOT in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lata

Cover letter for dependent when Main app'nt NOT in India

Post by lata » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:37 am

Hi,
In this site, I see the cover letter for dependent when main applicant is in India.
But I am in UK . Can any one please share me the cover letter format when main applicant is not in India.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Lata

lata

Post by lata » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Could anyone help me please?

lata

Post by lata » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:31 pm

Can any one help out on this please?

Please send to maforme06@yahoo.co.in.

Thanks in advance,
Lata

lata

Post by lata » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:58 pm

If anyone has , can you please send me ??

vinkhub1

Post by vinkhub1 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:55 am

Make sure you provide the atleast the proofs in bold.
lata wrote:If anyone has , can you please send me ??
=header=======================================
Your Name
<<House No, Street Address, Town, Postcode>>
Home:+44 (0) <<9999999999>> | Off:+ 44 (0) <<9999999999>>
Email: <<your-email-address>>
============================================

Dated: <<dd-mmm-yyyy>
FAO: Visa Consular

British High Commission
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021

Subject: Applications for Tier 1 (General Migrant) Dependants

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to apply for Tier 1 dependent visas for my Wife/Husband (Spouse Name) and daughter (Child Name). I am the main-applicant and after obtaining my visa (Tier 1 General-Migrant) I entered U.K. on dd-mmm-yyyy. My particulars are given below:

Name: <<Main applicant Name>>
Passport: << passport no>>
Date of Birth: <<dd-mmm-yyyy>
Tier1 Visa Validity: <<dd-mmm-yyyy> to <<dd-mmm-yyyy>
Currently residing in: U.K.

I understand that during our stay in U.K. we will not have any recourse to public-funds and I will be responsible for financially supporting my family in all circumstances. The documents provided to support their applications are listed below.

Identities
======
- Spouse’s Passport (Original)
- Child’s Passport (Original)
- My Passport bio-pages, Tier 1 Visa (Copies)

Relationships
========
- Marriage Certificate (Original)
- Child’s Birth Certificate (Original)

Funds
====
(My Bank Account# <<A/C number>> with <bank Name>>, India)
- Bank Statements for last 3 months.
- Letter from Bank confirming minimum balance for last 3 months.

(My Bank Account# <<A/C Number>> with <<BankName>>, UK)
- Statement showing recent payments & salary credit.
- Letter from bank mentioning the account details.

UK Residence
========
- Council Tax Bill (Original)
- 3 Valley Waters Utility Bill (Original)
- Rent Agreement (Original)

Employment
========
- Appointment Letter (Original)
- Letter from JobPlus confirming NI Number (Copy)

I humbly request you to process their applications together at the earliest possible time and also take special care to return all original documents along with the passports.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,

<< Your Name >>

lata

Post by lata » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:24 am

Hey, Thanks a lot yaar!

Do I need to apply ? or Does my dependent need to apply? Bcoz I have seen in other cover letter (when main applicant in India ) available in this site that .. dependent applying direct?

Please clarify me on this ..

Once again thanks much!
-Lata.

vinkhub1

Post by vinkhub1 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:48 pm

lata wrote:Hey, Thanks a lot yaar!

Do I need to apply ? or Does my dependent need to apply? Bcoz I have seen in other cover letter (when main applicant in India ) available in this site that .. dependent applying direct?

Please clarify me on this ..

Once again thanks much!
-Lata.
It doesn't matter at all. Only the language would change. Most importantly, the application form and proofs are still going to the same. More experienced Consulars wouldn't even be looking at the cover letter.

FYI. MY wife & daughter applied on last friday. Today the VFS site is showing the passport is available for collection. I would update about success on Monday after they collect their passports.

lata

Post by lata » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Hey, Congratulations!. Very nice to hear that your wife got visa with in a week as these days it is taking long long time. Where did you apply? Chennai? or other location?

My husband visa got rejected when we both applied together in Aug-08. ( on the grounds of insuffecient funds, though funds were more than sufficient) I appealed again on Nov-08. So far I didnt hear anything and no reponse if call/mail them. As it is taking long time , I am planning to go for new application for my husband. I am very much tensed .. what to submit...
Could you please send me your email id to maforme06@yahoo.co.in
I want be verycareful while applying again .

Highly appreciate your help,
Lata.

rimjhimjain
Newly Registered

Post by rimjhimjain » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:55 am

Lata can you tell in how much time the rejection letter had arrived to you? Did it take long for them to reject as well??

lata wrote:Hey, Congratulations!. Very nice to hear that your wife got visa with in a week as these days it is taking long long time. Where did you apply? Chennai? or other location?

My husband visa got rejected when we both applied together in Aug-08. ( on the grounds of insuffecient funds, though funds were more than sufficient) I appealed again on Nov-08. So far I didnt hear anything and no reponse if call/mail them. As it is taking long time , I am planning to go for new application for my husband. I am very much tensed .. what to submit...

Lata.

vinkhub1

Post by vinkhub1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:44 pm

Thanks. My wife & daughter got the passports today. Feel free to write to me at: vinkhub@msn.com

In your case 2 most important things are:

1. Maintenance Funds: You would have to show GBP 2800 + 1600 for a continuous period of 3 months in either your UK or India bank account. The proof for this i.e the statements or letter have to be orginal or on letter-head of bank (better to get these stamped & signed as well). These are a must. Additionally you can give your payslips, employment letter to make your case stronger.

2: Accomodation: Since you are in U.K. you would need to show some accomodation. Rent agreement would be great in this case. Don't fake this one as the U.K database is quite strong (so far I don't have a post-paid mobile in my name because whenever the phone companies search for my current address it shows them that I am living here only since recently). In case you are sharing the house - Have the owner (not the tenant) issue a rent agreement in your and your friends name. It should also state that they have no objection in your husband staying in the house, secondly the house has sufficient rooms to accomodate all of you. The rule is one BEDROOM per couple. Additionally, if you can submit any utility bill like phone, gas, electricity, sky, mobile, council tax that would further strengthen your application. Again if you are sharing the house just call up the company (water/electricity/council) tell them that now there are more than 1 tenants on the rent-agreement and they should take care.

Also, you would need to submit your marriage certificate.
lata wrote:Hey, Congratulations!. Very nice to hear that your wife got visa with in a week as these days it is taking long long time. Where did you apply? Chennai? or other location?

Lata.