ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport to expire and HSMP extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pokie
Newly Registered

Passport to expire and HSMP extension

Post by Pokie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:33 pm

Hi All,

My HSMP visa will expire in June 2009 and I will apply for an extension under Tier 1. The complication, is that my Australian passport containing my current Visa will expire at the end of 2009.

I would really appreciate any advice on what order to apply for Visa extension and passport renewal.

Thanks in advance!

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Passport to expire and HSMP extension

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:17 pm

Its better and recommended that you apply for new passport and then send both of your passports to HO. The general norm is that for stamping the visa, the passport validity should be more than 6 moths from the date of application.

quote="Pokie"]Hi All,

My HSMP visa will expire in June 2009 and I will apply for an extension under Tier 1. The complication, is that my Australian passport containing my current Visa will expire at the end of 2009.

I would really appreciate any advice on what order to apply for Visa extension and passport renewal.

Thanks in advance![/quote]
Thinking low is crime....

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:43 pm

I don't know if that also applies for applications made for leave to remain within the UK. I haven't been able to find any clear guidance regarding this on any of the FLR forms/guidance so far. I know that it is relevant on the VAF form for an initial application to enter the United Kingdom.

Has anyone any evidence that the passport MUST be valid for 6 months or more from the time of application for in-country applications?

Markie

Post by Markie » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:11 pm

No problem on your visa renewal. You can still use your current passport for the extension in June 09 and then renew passport by year end.

You have 2 options on your visa - (1) always bring your old passport with the visa stamping and new passport or (2) you can opt for a visa stamping transfer that can cost you over £100. It's up to you on this decision.
Pokie wrote:Hi All,

Thanks in advance!