ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRAVELLING WITH STAMP 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MYSPACE
Newly Registered

TRAVELLING WITH STAMP 4

Post by MYSPACE » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi guy, I just recently apply for EU1,I received an acknowlegmnt letter.I now have 6 month STAMP 4 on my passport which allow me 2 work...Can anyone with similar experience tell me if i can travel out of the country and if so,Can i come in without any problem?Since am a south african which is VISA FREE to ireland...

Thanx guys....

sydney.

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:38 pm

A STAMP 4 pertains to your right to live & work within the Ireland for the period of validity of the Stamp.
As such, if you are citizen of a Visa Free country you can leave & enter the Ireland, (to & from other Visa free countries) at will.

wiolka166
Newly Registered

Post by wiolka166 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:19 pm

u can travel but to some countries u need visa.
My boyfriend ve got Stamp 4 as well, but if he is going to other countries and want to come back to Ireland he dosent need re-entry visa.

any way CONTGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!1

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Thu May 07, 2009 12:14 am

wiolka166 is your boyfriend is a citizen of a visa free country?

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu May 07, 2009 12:39 pm

u can't go to any countries on stamp 4 the onlly stamp which is valid to travel to some of eu countries is eufam 4 stamp...so apply for the visa wherever you go mate

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: TRAVELLING WITH STAMP 4

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 pm

MYSPACE wrote:Hi guy, I just recently apply for EU1,I received an acknowlegmnt letter.I now have 6 month STAMP 4 on my passport which allow me 2 work...Can anyone with similar experience tell me if i can travel out of the country and if so,Can i come in without any problem?Since am a south african which is VISA FREE to ireland...
I would suggest that when travelling you ALWAYS carry photocopies of your family member's EU passport and your marriage certificate if you are married.

el_nino
Newly Registered

Post by el_nino » Thu May 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Since he is from one of the visa free country, I think he doesnt need to apply for a re-entry visa for returning Ireland. You might want to check if the country you are intending to travel to is also visa free for you tho.