ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application with Home office for a year

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaktidaniel
Newly Registered

ILR application with Home office for a year

Post by shaktidaniel » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi,
I applied for my ILR in Sep 2007 and it got rejected because home office said that there were gaps in work permit though during the period mentioned in the rejection letter i had a valid FLR. I couldn't go for an appeal then because I had a valid work permit and visa until ed of Jan 2008. So I applied for my ILR again in March 2008 through a solicitor and though the solicitor applied in person, home office took in the application for further consideration. Since then the application along with my passport is with them and it's now going to be a year and the status is still 'Awaiting further consideration'. They haven't got back to my solicitors for any clarification. And I heard that you can't ask them to fast track the process for any impending travel purpose as they tend to return the passport without processing and assk you to apply for the ILR again. So that would mean that I lose the time and the money.
Has anyone come across a situation like this? I've been adviced to contact the local MP's office to request them to send a letter that would fasten the process. Is that true? Can some one shed any light on this?

Thanks.
Shakti

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Did you apply in March 2008, but your leave ran out in January 2008?