ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Length of Visa & Dependants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jjloubser
Newly Registered

Length of Visa & Dependants

Post by jjloubser » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:21 am

I have 2 questions wrt the Tier 1 visa:

It would seem that I qualify due to earnings, qualifications etc - How long is the initial visa approved for and what do you do after the initial visa expires?

If my wife is then given a dependancy visa, would she be able to take up employment in the UK?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Length of Visa & Dependants

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:36 am

jjloubser wrote:I have 2 questions wrt the Tier 1 visa:

It would seem that I qualify due to earnings, qualifications etc - How long is the initial visa approved for and what do you do after the initial visa expires?

If my wife is then given a dependancy visa, would she be able to take up employment in the UK?
Usually the initial T-1(G) Visa is granted for 3years.. before your visa expires you need to apply for extension again (god know what changes they may bring in the PBS at that time) you need to qualify earning, education etc.. and apply for extension..

Yes you can apply visa for your spouse/children/dependents at the same time or after you got approval..

Yes your dependent can work in this country.

Goodluck