ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 225 DAYS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Salina
BANNED

ILR 225 DAYS

Post by Salina » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:23 am

Hello Guys,

Just want to clarify about 225 days,

1) Is it including or excluding weekends and bank holidays.

2) Is it including or excluding the stamp on visa (ex: i left uk on 11/02/09 but the stamp on passport says 12/02/09 due arrival country).

Would like to mention i am on 5 year HSMP visa.

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Salina

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:31 am

I believe that it is total days outside the UK, regardless if they are working days or otherwise. I would personally count your departure date rather than your arrival date as that is strictly when you left the UK.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:17 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:I believe that it is total days outside the UK, regardless if they are working days or otherwise. I would personally count your departure date rather than your arrival date as that is strictly when you left the UK.
No,the day of departure and day or return are not days of absences

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 pm

republique wrote:
drjabberwocky23 wrote:I believe that it is total days outside the UK, regardless if they are working days or otherwise. I would personally count your departure date rather than your arrival date as that is strictly when you left the UK.
Are they not counted then? That's a bit of a bonus!

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Why would date of departure or arrival will be counted as day of absense. Logically you are in the UK in those two days and absense days are when you are not in the UK!
drjabberwocky23 wrote:
republique wrote:

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:21 pm

aaanjoo wrote:Why would date of departure or arrival will be counted as day of absense. Logically you are in the UK in those two days and absense days are when you are not in the UK!
drjabberwocky23 wrote:
republique wrote:
I see what you mean. Good point.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 225 DAYS

Post by global gypsy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Salina wrote:Just want to clarify about 225 days,

2) Is it including or excluding the stamp on visa (ex: i left uk on 11/02/09 but the stamp on passport says 12/02/09 due arrival country).
Please read this:
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... 105#226105

"I finally got my ILR yesterday and I thought I’d ask the lady to explain how she calculated my days. According to her the rule changes in July 2008 allows for 225 days absent from the UK over a 5 year period. This now EXCLUDES weekends and bankholidays! This ALSO excludes days you worked abroad, providing you have proof that these days were for work purposes."

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks to all.

so it almost clear that 225 days excludes weekands and bank holidays.

But still not able to clear the stamp, hope to get experts views soon.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:33 am

I finally got my ILR yesterday and I thought I’d ask the lady to explain how she calculated my days. According to her the rule changes in July 2008 allows for 225 days absent from the UK over a 5 year period. This now EXCLUDES weekends and bankholidays! This ALSO excludes days you worked abroad, providing you have proof that these days were for work purposes."

225 days of course includes weekends and bank holidays!
It is the total time outside the UK so if you left on a Monday and returned on the Sunday and there was a bank holiday on the Tuesday you have been absent for 4 days.

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Siggi wrote:I finally got my ILR yesterday and I thought I’d ask the lady to explain how she calculated my days. According to her the rule changes in July 2008 allows for 225 days absent from the UK over a 5 year period. This now EXCLUDES weekends and bankholidays! This ALSO excludes days you worked abroad, providing you have proof that these days were for work purposes."

225 days of course includes weekends and bank holidays!
It is the total time outside the UK so if you left on a Monday and returned on the Sunday and there was a bank holiday on the Tuesday you have been absent for 4 days.
If you r saying its 4 day absent than it mean the weekdays and bank holidays exluded.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:11 pm

I beg your pardon you are correct it's the Monday and the Sunday would be excluded but the bank hoilday would be included.
So again if you left on the Mon and return on the Sunday with bank holiday inbetween it would 5 days out of the country not 4.
:oops: :oops:

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Sigi,
You can edit your previous quote which says 4 days..Its misleading contrary to what you are saying now i.e. 5 days!

To be on the safe side, I would recommend just include the days out of the UK excluding the day of departure and arrival and do not get confuse with weekends, bank holidays etc!

Siggi wrote:I beg your pardon you are correct it's the Monday and the Sunday would be excluded but the bank hoilday would be included.
So again if you left on the Mon and return on the Sunday with bank holiday inbetween it would 5 days out of the country not 4.
:oops: :oops:

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:50 pm

global gypsy wrote:
Salina wrote:Just want to clarify about 225 days,

Please read this:

"I finally got my ILR yesterday and I thought I’d ask the lady to explain how she calculated my days. According to her the rule changes in July 2008 allows for 225 days absent from the UK over a 5 year period. This now EXCLUDES weekends and bankholidays! This ALSO excludes days you worked abroad, providing you have proof that these days were for work purposes."
By looking at this comments it makes up as excluding weekands and bank holidays and the experiance he/she had it is latest.

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Yes you are absolutely right. I haven't seen this rule (exclude bank holidays and weekends) in any guidance for ILR, hence my recommendation was to include it in your counting just to be on the safe side.

If your absense days are more than 225 including bank holidays and weekends and less than 225 when you exclude bank holidays and weekends, then there is no harm in applying for ILR :)

Its all upto you to decide!

garimasharma
Newly Registered

Post by garimasharma » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:21 pm

I need immediate advice on this issue.We are in Germany right now(me,my husband and my son).

my husband got TIER1 gereral migrant visa in dec 2008 and he has not entered UK yet because job market is not good.

What is the limit of days to be out of UK before applying for ILR after 5years i.e . PR? or we can apply for 2 years of extension again after 5 years.......

Please guide us.......as we are very confused

Thanks in advance