ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Feb job search experience

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nshar1

My Feb job search experience

Post by nshar1 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:48 am

Sharing my job search experience...

I have been working with a reputed financial services organization on contract which is finishing shortly.
I am into java JEE with more than 10yrs of experience.

I started my job search in the first week of january. Have been getting,on an average, one genuine call a day. But got my first interview only after 1 month of search;cleared the same and got the offer.

The fake calls from recruiters were very depressing, so I put a note on my CV that I will not be disclosing the details of where my CV has been sent or where I am interviewing, under any circumstance.
This tremendously reduced the number of fake calls and brought some peace of mind.
I don't think I lost any genuine calls because of the above statement.

My advice to job seekers(Knowing fully well that I don't have any great skills in job search, but still wish to share what helped me):
- Keep your technical skills strong and up-to-date
- Read all sorts of interview questions from the net - these questions get repeated in most of the interviews.
- Be aggresive in your job search - update your CV regularly on job boards(This is very very important),apply for jobs on job boards, get certifications
- Hope for the best to happen to you.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:28 am

You success story is incredible and exceptional considering market condition. I hope all other job seekers also meet similar fate.

Cheers!

netacct

Re: My Feb job search experience

Post by netacct » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Congratulations...
nshar1 wrote: The fake calls from recruiters were very depressing, so I put a note on my CV that I will not be disclosing the details of where my CV has been sent or where I am interviewing, under any circumstance.
I think this is very useful tip and does make lots of sense.

custodian

Post by custodian » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Good stuff mate !!!

Congratulations for your success. :D

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Congratulations am glad finally someone has some good news! It is so depressing out there at the moment!

ubugger

Post by ubugger » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:58 pm

See the key here is that you are VERY experienced in your field and very experienced in your industry. Therefore getting a job won't be anywhere near as hard for you with UK experience as it will be for new arrivals.

snk_the_one
Newly Registered

Hi Job Seekers

Post by snk_the_one » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:35 am

Hi All,

I hope all of you persueing do succeed in your efforts.

I have my Visa approved in Jan.

I have been getting call from consultants on regular basis.

I feel the best way to approach the situation is to strike it head on.

I have 5 years of Work Experience in SQL Server 2000/2005, SSIS ,SSRS.

I am looking forward to move to UK in March.

We cannot escape that the market is dead but there is nothing else other than trying , one of my close friends came back from UK since there were no job offers for him. I am planning to move to UK as there are certain personal obligations.

I would really like to thank the forum for enabling me to get the Visa.

I hope I would keep you all updated on my end.

All consultant ask me for a date for me to be in UK

Guys , keep your eyes open and keep looking.

May god be with us.

raghu0307

Re: Hi Job Seekers

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:44 am

what number are the consultants calling you at?
snk_the_one wrote:Hi All,

I hope all of you persueing do succeed in your efforts.

I have my Visa approved in Jan.

I have been getting call from consultants on regular basis.

I feel the best way to approach the situation is to strike it head on.

I have 5 years of Work Experience in SQL Server 2000/2005, SSIS ,SSRS.

I am looking forward to move to UK in March.

We cannot escape that the market is dead but there is nothing else other than trying , one of my close friends came back from UK since there were no job offers for him. I am planning to move to UK as there are certain personal obligations.

I would really like to thank the forum for enabling me to get the Visa.

I hope I would keep you all updated on my end.

All consultant ask me for a date for me to be in UK

Guys , keep your eyes open and keep looking.

May god be with us.

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:15 pm

good luck.

i have been receiving calls too - but how many of those calls will land us in a job ? anyone's guess.

if i had called 5 agents in india, i would have attended atleast 2 job interviews.

here you need to call 50 agents to get interview and you will sit against 10 people and have to get through 4 levels of interviews sometimes. pathetic crap !

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:52 pm

It is very competitive right now - there are more people looking for jobs than jobs themselves so that is why it is like this!

At the end of the day you have to keep trying or you will get no where :?

bharat100
Newly Registered

Post by bharat100 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:35 am

nshar1 wrote:Sharing my job search experience...

I have been working with a reputed financial services organization on contract which is finishing shortly.

I started my job search in the first week of january. Have been getting,on an average, one genuine call a day. But got my first interview only after 1 month of search;cleared the same and got the offer.

The fake calls from recruiters were very depressing, so I put a note on my CV that I will not be disclosing the details of where my CV has been sent or where I am interviewing, under any circumstance.
This tremendously reduced the number of fake calls and brought some peace of mind.

My advice to job seekers(Knowing fully well that I don't have any great skills in job search, but still wish to share what helped me):
- Read all sorts of interview questions from the net - these questions get repeated in most of the interviews.
- Be aggresive in your job search - update your CV regularly on job boards(This is very very important),apply for jobs on job boards, get certifications
hy

Congratulations for your success...

keep Going mate..

Hey .. can i ask hows the market of .Net and QA at UK ?

Please suggest bcz you are since 10 yr in IT market..

Thank you

bharat100
Newly Registered

Post by bharat100 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:36 am

Last edited by bharat100 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

bharat100
Newly Registered

Post by bharat100 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:41 am

Last edited by bharat100 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

bharat100
Newly Registered

Post by bharat100 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:52 am