ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MAINTENANCE RULE

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lokoeasy
Newly Registered

MAINTENANCE RULE

Post by lokoeasy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi everyone,
I am planning to apply for my post study work permit soon and would want to know if the maintenance rule means there must be a closing balance of 800 pounds in the account at anytime for the three months preceeding the application or that there must be a balance of 800 pounds at the end every month for the three months preceeding the application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:22 pm

How we assess maintenance (funds) wrote:The balance must show that you have had at least £800 in your account at all times over the three-month period for applications submitted within the United Kingdom, and £2,800 for applications submitted outside the United Kingdom.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lokoeasy
Newly Registered

Post by lokoeasy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi everyone,
I am planning to apply for my post study work permit soon,and want to know if i am still within the rule as i withdraw some money from my bank account for an urgent need and the balance falls below 800 pounds,but was able to make up the balance on the same day.

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:06 pm

No, you will NOT be within the rules if you allow your balance to fall below £800. Please do not make the mistake of letting your balance fall even by 1p at any time within the 3 months statement otherwise your application WILL be refused.