ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR qualification criteria

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sreed_iyer
Newly Registered

ILR qualification criteria

Post by sreed_iyer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:31 pm

I am applying for ILR in july 2009.

I have total of only 45 days out of UK in the last 5 years.

My who joined me a month later.....has spent more than 7.5 months ( 3+3+1) out in the qualigying period ( assuming we will not leave uk for the next 4-5 months).

Can I apply for her at the same time as I do.

munisa

Re: ILR qualification criteria

Post by munisa » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:09 pm

sreed_iyer wrote:I am applying for ILR in july 2009.

I have total of only 45 days out of UK in the last 5 years.

My who joined me a month later.....has spent more than 7.5 months ( 3+3+1) out in the qualigying period ( assuming we will not leave uk for the next 4-5 months).

Can I apply for her at the same time as I do.
She qualifies to apply when you apply for your ILR irrespective of when she joined you or number of days spent out of UK if you are on WP and she is your dependant. If you are in other categories eg HSMP or TIER1 the guidance says you need to have spent with her 2 years in UK and if the absences you have mentioned were within those two years, it can complicate the application. Thats my understanding. I am sure the more senior mebers here can help still with their understanding.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

garimasharma
Newly Registered

extension after 5 years for ILR in Tier1 visa

Post by garimasharma » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:44 am

Hello

I need urgent advice.We(me, my husband and my son ) in Germany right now.
My husband got Tier1 migrant visa in dec 2008 but he has not gone UK yet as job market is in really bad shape at this moment.he want to go once for 2 days to meet the condition of not out of Uk for more than 3 months.

If we remain out of UK for 6 months, how will it effect our extension after 5 years and how long can we be out of UK for ILR.Please suggest any solutions.

Thanks in advance