ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu1 approved, thanks!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swann
Newly Registered

eu1 approved, thanks!

Post by swann » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:43 pm

thanks to everyone who gave advice, and answered all my queries before. my EU1 application filed 14 august of last year has been approved, i received the notice today, 5 months and 28 days later. i actually sent an email last monday to the EU Treaty Rights section to follow up on the decision as the 6 months processing period is about to expire, and i got a reply the next day that they'll issue a decision before 14 february! so to say i am so much relieved would be an understatement. ^-^

there won't be any more requirements i suppose except for our passports when we apply for my EUFam stamp?

thanks again, you've all been a big help!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Congrats Swann!

Where in Ireland are you living?

swann
Newly Registered

Post by swann » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:20 pm

thanks benifa! i'm in dublin. hopefully my husband can take off his work next week so we can apply for my stamp. i still don't have a job now, so maybe the new stamp will offer more possibilities, despite the crisis. ^-^

aero_ir
Newly Registered

Post by aero_ir » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:54 pm

swann wrote:thanks benifa! i'm in dublin. hopefully my husband can take off his work next week so we can apply for my stamp. i still don't have a job now, so maybe the new stamp will offer more possibilities, despite the crisis. ^-^

what is EU1?? come someone explain a little bit.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:31 am

swann wrote:thanks benifa! i'm in dublin. hopefully my husband can take off his work next week so we can apply for my stamp. i still don't have a job now, so maybe the new stamp will offer more possibilities, despite the crisis. ^-^
In that case, you must both go to the GNIB office in Burgh Quay. You need to take your passports and your EU1 approval letter (nothing else). You will be issued with your Stamp 4EUFam Residence Card, valid for 5 years or until expiration of your passport. The Residence Card is, of course, free.

If you can't find work immediately, you may wish to consider a [url=http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?REQ ... EMPLATE=EN]FÃ

aero_ir
Newly Registered

Post by aero_ir » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:53 pm

benifa wrote:
In that case, you must both go to the GNIB office in Burgh Quay. You need to take your passports and your EU1 approval letter (nothing else). You will be issued with your Stamp 4EUFam Residence Card, valid for 5 years or until expiration of your passport. The Residence Card is, of course, free.

If you can't find work immediately, you may wish to consider a [url=http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?REQ ... EMPLATE=EN]FÃ

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:27 am

Your husband is not required to be there as far as I know. But it is always nicer to deal with government offices as part of a team!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:57 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Your husband is not required to be there as far as I know. But it is always nicer to deal with government offices as part of a team!
The EU1 approval letters from the DoJ state that the EU national must accompany the applicant when obtaining the Residence Card. The EU national must also take ID.

Whether this requirement is compatible with the Directive is questionable.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:25 am

Interesting and sad. I am sure they do not provide evening or weekend office hours...

I am sure you could get your 4Eu without both attending their office, if you were willing to challenge them.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:39 am

benifa wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Your husband is not required to be there as far as I know. But it is always nicer to deal with government offices as part of a team!
The EU1 approval letters from the DoJ state that the EU national must accompany the applicant when obtaining the Residence Card. The EU national must also take ID.

Whether this requirement is compatible with the Directive is questionable.
I doubt they can legally require ID unless they force IDing onto their own citizens.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:45 pm

86ti wrote:I doubt they can legally require ID unless they force IDing onto their own citizens.
They have already approved and issued the Residence Card (but you have not picked it up), and clearly the EU spouse presence was not required for that. So requiring the EU spouse to be present when the card is picked up is something they have made up and that is not allowed by the Directive – the Irish government is again making up extra rules as they go!

I would urge anyone affected by this to complain to the EU.

anusuri
Newly Registered

i think ur information is wrong

Post by anusuri » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
86ti wrote:I doubt they can legally require ID unless they force IDing onto their own citizens.
They have already approved and issued the Residence Card (but you have not picked it up), and clearly the EU spouse presence was not required for that. So requiring the EU spouse to be present when the card is picked up is something they have made up and that is not allowed by the Directive – the Irish government is again making up extra rules as they go!

I would urge anyone affected by this to complain to the EU.
Hi there,
I just want to let you know that EU spouse should be present at the time of taking residence card which is (stamp 4 eu fam). The eu spouse should carry their passport along with them where immigration Dept personnel will check their passport and enter their names in the data base.
It is a mandatory rule where the Eu spouse should be present along with :idea: their passport

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: i think ur information is wrong

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:07 pm

anusuri wrote: <snip>

It is a mandatory rule where the Eu spouse should be present along with :idea: their passport
According to what?

anusuri
Newly Registered

Post by anusuri » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:36 am

benifa wrote:
anusuri wrote: <snip>

According to what?
It was my personnel experience
I got a letter from Immigration in october 2008 stating that i should accompany with my wife ( eu member) and we both have to carry our passports to the office.
The immigration officer took both of our passports and entered both of our names in their data base.
There are some people who came at that time with out Eu spouse. They were sent back and asked them to be come along with their Eu spouses with their passports.
technically speaking they want to check whether you are still living with your spouse or not. because recently there were so many incidents which came to light where so many pakistanis and nigerians are getting fake marriages by giving money. you might have read in news papers last year in september.
so they kept this rule as a mandatory and not taking the approval letter sent by justice dept unless you are accompanied by eu spouse.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:16 pm

anusuri wrote:so they kept this rule as a mandatory and not taking the approval letter sent by justice dept unless you are accompanied by eu spouse.
The rules for European citizens and their families are very clearly proscribed by the EU. The Irish government can be drop requirements, but they are not allowed to add requirements (such as these rules).

Just as you can leave questions on the Irish visa application blank if you are the family member of an EU citizens (even though they say "All questions must be answered"), you can also challenge other random rules that they think up and add to the process.

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi Swann,

Did you email this email address eutreatyrights@justice.ie?
Did it take long to get an answer back?

Regards,

Mendo
________
Bho hash oil