ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-IED after HSMP approval

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MunneRaja

FLR-IED after HSMP approval

Post by MunneRaja » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:13 am

Has anybody send his documents for FLR by special delivery?
I am wondering how will I arrange the special delivery back to me, should I enclose the self addresses special delivery envelope with the documents?
Last edited by MunneRaja on Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:46 am

In my opinion any letter posted in the UK containing valuable documents such as passports must always be sent by Special Delivery. Not only do the Post Office treat such post more securely but in the highly unlikely event that it does go missing in the post, there will be compensation payable which will at least cover the financial cost of getting replacement documents. Compared that with mere Recorded Delivery where compensation is limited to 100 times the cost of a First Class Stamp, so currently £28.

MunneRaja, go to a Post Office and ask for a prepaid Special Delivery envelope. Then self-address it and enclose that envelope in with your application. IND will use that prepaid Special Delivery envelope to return your documents to you.

Of course when you go to the Post Office you might indeed ask for two prepaid Special Delivery envelopes, one of which you will use to post the application to IND, then when you ready to post the application with its supporting documents it will merely be a question of taking the envelope to a Post Office and getting the receipt stamped and passed back to you.

I think that prepaid Special Delivery envelopes are something like £4.05 each.
John

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:17 pm

I sent the documents yesterday and that was supposed to reach Home office by 12:00 AM today but Royal mail site is showing the item is in their network. I have spoken to their cutomer care executive and he is saying the item may be delayed.
Has anyone faced this situation??
I am worried because, if it does not reach Home office today then may be they will send back my application as fees are increasing from tommorow..
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:24 pm

Can anyone sugget:

What is the date they will consider, the time they receive the documents or the time someone post the documents?

Thanks
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:36 pm

I think that IND has announced that as long as you can prove that the application was posted no later than today ..... and clearly you can do that .... you have a stamped Special Delivery receipt from the Post Office ... the old fee level will apply.

Secondly, if the package was indeed not delivered no later than Noon today, I think you are entitled to a refund of the Special Delivery fee that you paid.

Finally, I would not simply assume that the envelope was not delivered by Noon. That information may simply not yet been fed into the Post Office computer. The IND office in Cannock is extremely busy ... just imagine the number of Special Delivery and Recorded Delivery items they get each day!
John

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:55 am

Its 4th April, I sent my documents on 30th March by special delivery. Even today the royal mail tracking site is saying the documents are in transit and will be delivered soon. This is really strange.
Has anyone else faced this problem??

goldenheart
Newly Registered

Post by goldenheart » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:18 pm

You don't really have to worry about when the delivery was made. HO stated several weeks ago that, what they would consider is the date the application was sent as showed by the post mark. In as much the post office received it before April, it will still count that they application was posted before 1st April.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:31 pm

I am not worried about delivery date as such. I am more worried about the safety of my passport, HSMP approval letter and other documents. :(

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:55 pm

I suspect the following might be the case.

When letters are sent to the Box Office number in Cannock they are not actually delivered by the Post Office to the relevant place in Cannock. Instead they are held at the Sorting Office until someone from IND comes along to collect their post. At that time the IND person will sign for all the "signature needed" letters and of course then take them back to their office.

So suspect that the letter in question is actually at the Sorting Office in Cannock, and indeed will remain there until someone from IND goes along to the Sorting Office.

But I have to say to IND ..... what a way to run a business? A business? Sounds like a business to me, charging the amounts they do.

Indian-in-UK, why not phone the Post Office helpline .... 08457 22 33 44 ..... and ask them to confirm the whereabouts of the letter you posted. I suspect the answer might be ... Sorting Office, Cannock.

No consolation to you but I have heard of someone whose letter to Cannock was not signed for, for over a week.
John

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:53 pm

John

You are partially right. The address to which we send FLR(IED) applications is the address of a company called ATOS Origin, and is a PO Box. ATOS Origin handles payment processing for the IND. The way it works is that they check the payment slip to see if payment is required, and if so, valid. Then the applications are forward to IND with confirmation that the fee was paid. I remember reading that ATOS handles all payments on the same or next business day of receipt. I also presume confirmation letters are sent as soon as the applications and confirmation of payment are received by IND, ie. 2 business days after the application is indicated as delivered.

For all who are concerned about the delivery of the application, you can call the number on the back of your special delivery receipts and request documentary proof of delivery (which is free for special delivery shipments).

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:19 am

I posted my extension on March 30 to be delivered on the 31st also "guaranteed" by 1pm. I have been on the phone to the post office and all they can tell me is that "it is out for dispatch to Cannock". I asked the agent directly if she could tell me whether my application and passports are on a truck or in a ditch, she could not say. Next time it's FedEx for me... :?

GT

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:38 am

Globetrotter, I think that wording used by the Post Office can be interpreted as ... its at the Sorting Office waiting for someone from IND (or ATOS Origin) bothering to come to the sorting office to sign for it and then take it away.

Postal applications .... the IND target used to be 70% dealt with within 3 weeks. Now, as from 1st April, IND put up the fees and .... wow ... the target is now ..... 70% dealt with within 4 weeks ..... according to the new application form for use on or after 1st April.
John

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:38 pm

So I take it that means that there in fact is no real "tracking" for special delivery i.e. it is only scanned when signed for. Again it'll be FedEx next time...

>>indian_in_uk<< Can you update here when you get further info on your status for delivery. It seems like we are both in the abyss right now <G>

"What you pay is what you get"

GT :?

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:26 am

Interesting, received confirmation of receipt of application yesterday from the Home Office. Special delivery was never signed for...

GT

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:37 am

Did you get the Acknowledgement letter?

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:59 am

indian_in_uk --> Yes, I should have been more descriptive. I did receive the acknowledgement letter. It has now been passed on to a case worker for review... Have you not received yours yet? I would hope that you receive yours today or at the very latest tomorrow.

GT
Last edited by Globetrotter on Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:02 am

I just checked, my credit card has been debited by Home Office on 1st April but I have not received the Acknowledgement letter yet.

Still waiting

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:11 pm

Called home office general enquiry and confirmed that my documents has reached with them, fees is deducted. I asked for my payment reference number and they provided me that.
Feeling relieved now :)

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:43 pm

indian_in_uk>> Looks like you and I are neck & neck, it will be interesting to see how long it takes for both of us....

GT

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:10 am

I sent two emails to Home office, one each on yesterday and day before yesterday to enquire about my payment reference number so that I could send Urgent treatment form to speed up my application. Just received a reply from them.

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your application for Leave to Remain, with reference number: LTXXXXXXX
has been processed and a decision has been made. Your documents and
decision letter will be returned to you by Special Delivery as soon as your
application clears our dispatch department.

As your application is already with dispatch, an Urgent Treatment Form would not speed up the process.

Regards,

Work Permits (UK)
Customer Relations
Managed Migration
Home office
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

This is really great, they have definately improved their service standards.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:36 am

Yesterday Globetrotter wrote :-
Interesting, received confirmation of receipt of application yesterday from the Home Office. Special delivery was never signed for...
Contact the Post Office. Ask why the Special Delivery envelope was not signed for. At the very least you will get the Special Delivery fee back.
John

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:21 am

-->indian_in_uk

Which email address did you use to contact them? If I don't receive anything by Monday then I'll send them a msg regarding the status of my application.

-->John

I think that I'll wait for my docs to be returned until I start in with the post office. You have to wait 10 working days anyway apprently.

GT

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:40 am

I emailed them at following addresses:

Ops1.In-Country@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Ops2.In-Country@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I got the reply from

wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I am expecting my documents before Monday, I am sure, you will get your documents by monday as well.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Wow that was very quick, I believe you only sent your application last week, they seem to be going thru the application quickly even though it was suspected they received a lot of applications towards the end of March.
Have Standards improved?
Well try asking that to the guys still waiting for their FLR decision from Oct/Nov.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:32 pm

f2k,

I sent my application on 30th March, It is quick.
Yeah, I can understand your comment, What I mean to say was that they have improved standards for fresh applications.
I really feel sorry for the frustration Oct/Nov candidates are going through. I wish them all the best for their applications, hopefully they will get their documents back soon.